The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock turbos, name?

Guest George89

Guest George89

I have been looking for supra stock turbos everywhere but no luck, does anyone know a company that sells them new or 2nd hand. And whats the actual turbo units name?

regards

The only way to get new rather than re-con units is from Toyota themselves at over £1000 per turbo. This is BY FAR the safest bet. Other options are have old units re conditioned, but they will no longer have the fast spooling ceramic turbine wheel that all Jap spec turbos and the odd UK spec ones have from the factory.. Instead they will have a heavier steel alloy wheel. Finally you could risk some second hand units, bearing in mind they are probably donkeys years old, and may have cracked turbine housings. Cracked housings are also a MAJOR problem in finding units fit for re conditioning nowadays. I will no longer stand the labour on replacing re conditioned turbos that fail prematurely. I strongly recommend buying new ones from Toyota "whilst stocks last".