The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra V8

Delboy52

Finally done it! Spent years on and off looking at Supra classified ads, test driving a couple of TT's and generally lurking on this site watching peoples projects develop. I now have RXV8's black V8 Supra. Top guy. Hell of a start to Supra ownership. This is it the evening it arrived.

Edited by Delboy52
Video added (see edit history)

Ah, I'm happy this has finally sold for both you and Nigel, he had it up for sale for ages! I went to see it and the car is beasty - Gotta love those engine tones!

(I would be be interested in the headlight/air duct query too)

We love pics and video's here.....welcome to the club!

Do you mean is it legal? That duct goes straight into a hole in the airbox. The air filter is getting air and anything else thrown straight at it. I guess in heavy rain the filter might get pretty soggy. At the moment this is how it is all the time. I'm thinking of getting some facelift lights and routing the cold air feed into the bumper opening to be a bit more discreet. It could swallow a pigeon at the moment and make a new home in my air box!

Do 100 miles a day for work so am seeing how good on fuel it is. So far it's better than expected.

agreed with the spray it shiney black comment, I don't get the obsession with matt black, god knows why anyone would want their car to look like a plastic toy from taiwan. Anyway aside from my dislike af matt paint on cars I love the rest of it. Great buy mate, have fun.

Got home fine thanks. Police van swooped in behind me going through Bedford town centre this evening. Thought oh no here we go.. No problem though, even though the engine shouts it's way through the streets! Hehe. Car is very stable in the wet and dry, but the fuel meter moved a lot more coming home than going to work this morning. 100 miles covered, about £30 of 95 unleaded sent to the heavens. Will have to re-consider having this as a daily driver if it costs £30 a day just to get to work and back. Keen to bring it to some meets as I have questions mounting up.

Eventually I will change the colour, but not to gloss black even though it looks good on other members cars. That'll be the single biggest cost I do.

agreed with the spray it shiney black comment, I don't get the obsession with matt black, god knows why anyone would want their car to look like a plastic toy from taiwan. Anyway aside from my dislike af matt paint on cars I love the rest of it. Great buy mate, have fun.

Dude that matt paint looks fantastic ! If MOT wasn't a b***h here in Belgium i would have bought that car instantly. Have fun with it !

Guest ClioSXT

Remind me to turn my sub down next time i watch that vid :D, it sounds utterly amazing. Lovely and lazy. :)

Congratulations on to the Supra ownership also :)