The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bought this off one of your fellow members

dave finch

well i bought this a few weeks ago ( sorry to supreno it took ages to get it collected paid for :( )

i have big plans for it i took a bit of risk as i couldnt get time to go look at it but it turned out to be fine so thanks mate :D

my plans are:

to change the skirts and front bumper to something more subtle and despoiler and remove the ariel

respray in either a dark purple metalic or in the black from the e46 m3 (carbon balck i think)

im going to change the wheels probably with rota gtr-ds 9x18 f 10x18 r unless there is something else what takes my eye

eventually i will get a carbon bonnet and diffuser

mechanical i want to single turbo it and aim for a fast spooling 500-550 bhp

it will be converted to manual with an r154

also a 2 way diff

suspension wise i want to poly bush anything that isnt already (i know a few have been done but not looked to check how much)

and add hsd coilovers and at a later date improve the lock and ad a few brace bars ect

brakes i will upgrade to but im not sure what to maybe 6 pots or if i cant afford will be uk spec drilled discs and uprated pads& pipes

inside i plan to remove alot of the blue lights as there not really to my taste and put in a cage but i want to keep it as comfy and quiet as possible i do still have to take my daughter to nursery in it

i plan to put bucket seats and harnesses in though

any thought please comment :)

well im in talks with a rather nice bumper thats more me :) and nah im not really but its grown on me loads everyone loves it who sees it lol

can anyone here photoshop good? i cant even get it to load on my laptop let alone use it

i wana know exactly what it will look like in dark metalic purple de spolierd ect with a nice set of skirts and a standard front bumber with a nice lip and rota gtr-ds and low!!!! :D anyone help? il buy you a marsbar if i see you at drift days ect lmao

Congrats on the purchase :) Not a fan of the paint or kit, but you're replacing that so all's good :thumbs:

My only comment would be to think very carefully about the r154 swap. If you going for a fast spooling turbo you need to make sure the gear ratio's are going to work out so you are not dropping out of peak torque when shifting. The ratio's on the r154 are LOOOOONG.

Also, 2 way diff? Are you drifitng it or using it on the road? Have you driven a car with a 2 way diff before? It'll be a nightmare in a road car.

iv got a guy on it an nah bud i did think maybe i should sell and then buy one in adifferent colour but i got a guy who gona do the body work cheap but good :)

also yes it will be drifted occasionally but not all the time its a road/drift/track car i had a 2way in my first 3 cars i didnt mind it lol