The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil leak!

staples230uk

Just got back out from a run out in the supe, and with it chucking it down with rain found a small slick emanating from the passenger side of the car. Had a look under with the engine off to see nothing dripping, turned the engine over and let it idle. Had another look under to see a slow drip. About one every 4/5 seconds, looks to be dripping in the area where the dipstick is. Had a look in the engine bay but could not see any signs of leaks, so presume it is coming from under the passenger side of the engine (if that makes sense). Killed the engine and had another look under and no drips!

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Not having a good day with the car today, ontop of all this some fool had tried to open my fuel filler cap by trying to jimmy the flap open :( so a bit gutted at the moment!

if there is oil nearer the front of the car than the oil filter then i'd suspect the oil pressure sensor (nestled in behind the aircon compressor)

Yes, had a few go now, also the o ring on the dipstick tube and the oil level sender can leak.

Thanks for your suggestions guys! The local ford service garage was kind enough to let me use the ramps for free. Turns out it was the sump plug leaking and the leak was tracking over toward the passenger side of the sump. Off to take it back to the garage that serviced it to sort it out. Quite happy with the outcome!