The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finished my Carbon Fibre Arm rest today

ManwithSupra

is that over the original or from a mould you have made

This one is over the original for the moment. I have another one I am making a mould from of at this very moment :-)

This was just a test run really still for my 1st attempt at it I'm pretty happy.

I have a full vacuum bagging system so the results of the one from the mould should be even better!!

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Sure is, Water clear resin with UV resistance, and plain weave Carbon Cloth.

nice, id love some carbon fibre parts on my interior but i dont trust myself to make a good enough job of it, is it hard to do? is this where you lay it over the existing part or did you make it from scratch from a mould? could dash panels be done?

nice, id love some carbon fibre parts on my interior but i dont trust myself to make a good enough job of it, is it hard to do? is this where you lay it over the existing part or did you make it from scratch from a mould? could dash panels be done?

It is a little fiddly but as long as you dont rush (not rushing being the key) the results come out well.

This one is what they call carbon skinning, so carbon cloth layed on top of a part however I have made a mould from another cover which I am going to make out of complete carbon fibre.

The end result should also be better as i will be using my Vacuum bagging resin infusion system :)

how easy is it to get flat? could it be done around the facelift dash panel around the speedo do you reckon? or to tight to get it flat

It is a little fiddly but as long as you dont rush (not rushing being the key) the results come out well.

This one is what they call carbon skinning, so carbon cloth layed on top of a part however I have made a mould from another cover which I am going to make out of complete carbon fibre.

The end result should also be better as i will be using my Vacuum bagging resin infusion system :)