The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active front spoiler catching on lip......

tony tt

Quick question folks....My active front spoiler is catching slightly on the bottom rubber lip of the stock bumper. Had a look at it with Geo this afternoon and were thinking of taking a small shaving off the back of the rubber so it will clear it. Anyone had the same problem or fixed it with a different approach?

Also when the spoiler comes down at 70mph in auto setting should the light come on in the cabin when it comes down at speed?

Tried a search but couldnt find anything on it.

Thanks.

front lip.jpg

front lip 1.jpg

auto switch.jpg

i think we should take that lip off bud and have a good look underneath and see whats going on will, take two of us, as the active spoiler will need to be operated to see where its catching. if we can i get away without trimming it the better, maybe just needs off and back on again for a better fitment. ??

No idea about the cabin light(when the active spoiler comes down) i've never had one stock before, hehehe Once you get the car back, we can have a shifty and refit the passenger seat. :D

i think we should take that lip off bud and have a good look underneath and see whats going on will, take two of us, as the active spoiler will need to be operated to see where its catching. if we can i get away without trimming it the better, maybe just needs off and back on again for a better fitment. ??

No idea about the cabin light(when the active spoiler comes down) i've never had one stock before, hehehe Once you get the car back, we can have a shifty and refit the passenger seat. :D

:thumbs:

Read an old thread there that the speed convertor might have it coming down at 100mph thinking its only 60 because of the kms to mph. Maybe im not going fast enough for it to be activating. Must check under the cover of darkness :eyebrows:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?18384-Active-Spoiler-Speed

ah ha, thats could be it bud, down that new bypass we were talking about today. :D :eyebrows: see if the light comes on the button?

Well took the car a blast last night and the spoiler comes down at 100 and the light comes on in the cabin.

Must be the speed converter that's altered it when it was changed to mph. It's still sticking though so I'll need

To adjust it slightly some weekend I'm free.

Tony tt is yours a jspec or a uk?

if it jspec could a sld be messing the signal to the spoiler ecu meaning it not rekonising what speed you are doing.

(some reason your last post didnt show up when i posted this)

Tony tt is yours a jspec or a uk?

if it jspec could a sld be messing the signal to the spoiler ecu meaning it not rekonising what speed you are doing.

(some reason your last post didnt show up when i posted this)

Yeah it's a J-spec mate its no biggy that it doesnt come down at 70 really but ill get it sorted to free it up so its working as it should.

Yeah it's a J-spec mate its no biggy that it doesnt come down at 70 really but ill get it sorted to free it up so its working as it should.

Looks cool to people in front when cruising on the motorway ;). Also it'll help with front end downforce as it's supposed to.