The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MadMac - Newbie Silver Supra TT Auto 450bhp - Alternator Help

Guest MadMac

Guest MadMac

Hi,

I have just joined. I have had my Supra for 3 years now. It's a TT Auto import 1994. Lots of extras.

Use only when the weather is good, which isn't that often in Scotland, but love it.

I wanted a MKiV since I first saw them and finally got this one after looking for months.

Been off road for 5 weeks now, just put new set of springs on and then alternator went.

Can't find anywhere to get one (other than £430 from Toyota).

Suggestions Welcome.

Supra Small (800x600).jpg

Supra Small 2 (1024x768).jpg

Keron on here is a trader dude, who deals in 2nd hand parts. Give him a call he might have one. Or Paul whiffin (whifbitz) on here is another trader, who can get genuine toyota parts cheaper. :D Hope that helps dude

P.s has your car got twin Hybrids, as i doubt the stock twins will make that sort of power???

nice car by the way, and Welcome. :D

Guest MadMac

Not sure if it has twin hybrids. When I bought it I was given spec but no mention of turbos. It uses a Arc Super induction box to breath, is braced and runs up to 1.9 bar when pressed. Told it was 450bhp but may be less/more. All I know is that last summer I outrun a brand new M5... until sense kicked in at a stupid speed.

Alternator part no is 27060-46120 which I think is the stock one.

Awesome car Geo!

I'll contact Keron like you say. Cheers

Not sure if it has twin hybrids. When I bought it I was given spec but no mention of turbos. It uses a Arc Super induction box to breath, is braced and runs up to 1.9 bar when pressed. Told it was 450bhp but may be less/more. All I know is that last summer I outrun a brand new M5... until sense kicked in at a stupid speed.

Alternator part no is 27060-46120 which I think is the stock one.

Awesome car Geo!

I'll contact Keron like you say. Cheers

Thanks bud. :D

Have you got a Boost gauge bud? 1.9 bar is what Heavily Modded Supra's run, Big Singles and Big Twins, id not be driving it until you can confirm, or that engine wont last long. Best be safe dude and get it checked, Best your going to get is 400 or there abouts.

Just double check mate, or your going to be on here looking for a new engine. Trust me!!!

Guest MadMac

Thanks for turbo advice, I'll check it out. Got a Greddy boost guage (mechanical one). When I get an alternator I'll check to boost at full blast. The bonnet does get very hot on left side above BOV though. Wouldn't want to blow JDM turbo.

By the way where do i get Keron's contact details?

• 2 months later...

Thanks to Keron for getting me an alternator. He is very helpful.

My Supra is now back on the road with four new springs and alternator fixed.

I was wrong about the turbo pressure, it actually only runs 0.9 - 1.0 bar at full acceleration.

Still can't work out how to use the manual (red) button on the auto box. It doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyway thanks for getting me back on the road. Will update somepictures soon.

Gary.