The mkiv Supra Owners Club

going to do bpu myself

drift_bear

Tomorow i will throwing myself into the deep end and doing the BPU myself with the aid of my trusty tool kit and the pit at my mums work. using the guides that i have found for doing the FCD then shouldnt be to bad for me (i hope). i will keep you updated on how it goes and will take plenty pics aswell.

the 2 guides i will be using for the FCD

http://www.hksusa.com/content/pdf1793.pdf

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/fcd/fcd.htm

wish me luck!

how come your going SMIC mate? im going to be taking my time and taking lots of pics so i can keep myself right lol.

Fancy keeping the active spoiler active and I don't want hassle with the stock airbox. If I had a J-spec, I'd definitely go FMIC.

After a quick phone call to hodge, that's the FCD now fitted and running right first time :D all that's left to do is the de-cats and the RR then its onto setting up the boost controller. Happy with the results so far and just been taking my time in doing it. Only started it at 1pm lol

was hoping today i could get out and set up my boost controller properly and rise the oost, but think i would be better with a boat after the ammount of rain that feel over night and this morning :( has anyone set up a greddy profac B spec II boost controller before? is it easy/hard to do?

Well done hope all goes well with the new boost level

cheers bud, the hardest part i would say was doing the de-cats, all the bolts were still the origianl's so were all rusted and hardly moved, nothng a hammer and WD40 cant sort though lol. i decided to replace every single bold for the both decats so they are nice and shiney like the de-cats lol

The boost controller is really easy to use. Once it's plumbed and wired go for a drive and just use the rotary knob to adjust the percentage until you reach the required level.

Start low and slowly increase the boost. When I had my new exhaust and smaller diameter Decat fitted I had to increase the level and got it right after only 2 pulls.

If you don't have instructions you can google them. Would recommend you set the peak hold function as it will save time scrolling through menus to see the peak level.

I guarantee you will not be looking at the boost gauge once you hit 1.2 bar for the first time!

Enjoy