The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's just been in for it's medical :(

Dan_Turism0

Took the car to JPS Motorsports today for a general health check up and well I was a little startled by they're findings, a number of things I was aware of or had planned to do anyways but some things were new.......soo here's the list

Cambelt - I knew this was coming up due time but I didn't expect it to be this bad!!!

Auxiliary belt

Spark Plugs - At some point when they were last changed the garage that did them didn't remove the throttle body to give them access to cylinders 3+4 so they only changed the leads + plugs on 4 of the 6 cylinders....brilliant huh???

Plug Leads

Dizzy Cap

Rotor Arm

Engine Oil - I already had planned to change this anyways

Oil Filter - Again i'll change this when oil is done

Fuel Filter

Air Filter - Durrently planning a custom induction kit anyways

Gearbox Oil Leak - I was aware of a small leak when I bought the car, it's suspected it's the rear main seal that's gone

Gearbox Mount - Due to the oil leak the rubber bushings are shot and are soaked through

Rear Anti-Roll Bar - Again I was aware of this needing replacing when I bought the car

O/S/F Track Rod End - Again I was aware of this needing replacing but as per one of my earlier posts I have these sat ready to go on

Flywheel - There's a little lurching from the flywheel after de-clutching and it is a little noisy, it's not causing any major issues and it could just be gearbox oil on the flywheel from the leak in the gearbox itself

Allignment - This would need to be done after track rod ends are replaced anyways.

Ok so that's the list of the bits I got back, I also had a compression test done on the engine and got the following back:

No1. 210

No2. 200

No3. 150

No4. 160

No5. 210

No6. 210

On a brighter note I did get a picture of my hand next to the JPS Drag Supra's turbo.....absolute monster!!!

Those compression test results are the most worrying, the rest just seems to be due from wear & tear/lack of servicing/neglect.

Did they also do a leak down test? Compression testing itself shows there is an issue, but not where.