The mkiv Supra Owners Club

braided fuel lines

T2 MSW

Does anyone have any tips for making up braided fuel lines?

Ive taped and cut the line and made sure the braid is a neat as possible. Every time I bolt the end in it just pushes the line out.

The line simply does not fit inside the end cap enough. They were supplied as part of the same kit so I must be doing something wrong.

Poss the most infuriating thing I have ever done

What make is the hose and fittings? Some Taiwanese stuff off Ebay is all but impossible to use as the size of the hose or fittings is out. There's a bit of a knack to it, but I have done so many in my time I guess I have acquired it. Teflon or rubber lined hose? Try holding the fitting in the vice and screwing the ferrule and pipe ONTO the fitting. Tipex the hose right by the ferrule so you see if it's pushing the hose out. Also works as a safety feature to see if the hose moves under pressure test. Oil and fuel pressure hoses should really be pressure tested on a rig to way over running pressure, but most people don't bother.

Cheers for the tips guys, The hose is rubber lined but they were supplied with the FPR so no idea where they were sourced from. TBH the hole in the ferrule looks way to small for any hose to go through but I guess they have to be tight to get a good seal?

Sounds like it's the wrong hose. USUALLY even cheap fittings are to size. Buy ONLY Earls, Goodridge, Speedflow or Aeroquip braided hose!!! Never buy unbranded hose or fittings of Ebay. The whole reason for braided hose use is for applications that need their additional burst and abrasion resistance. So buy BRANDED. If people are tempted to buy cheap hose and fittings for the "look" just imagine what "look" a burnt out shell, or a car buried in the Armco through brake failure has :)

can you buy them made to measure, thats sweet ill just do that as this is a complete farse.

The FPR is a branded fuellabs one and brand new was purchased through Paul and sent direct from Fuel labs. Where did you get your made up lines from Wez??

Completely understand your point Chris and as its fuel i think ill just go down the route of gettting them made for me and preasure tested.