The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Group Track day

T2 MSW

Can we get an idea of who would be intrested in doing a track day if the event organisers can get something sorted.

I really dont think we are going to get the numbers to book somewhere like Llandow or a larger track but I am happy to be proved wrong.

What I would suggest is we pick a date that suits most poeple and speak to someone like Circuit-days and see if we can get a discount on group bookings for a pre-organized through the club.

As a couple of options we can pick any of the following circuits for about £149 each if we wait till Oct/November and risk the weather - Oulton, Donnington, Snetterton, Rockingham or anglesey.

If we go with something in August the prices are more like £199 - £250. The porblem with July and August is the social calendar is in full swing and I know I for one am mad busy.

Thoughts, intrest?

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really say with any certainty (not having a car ready) but I could possibly do an event in Sept/Oct.

Same here. Can't do August, but may be able to do a date in Sep/Oct/Nov... provided it's not too far away :)

Not sure if it's an option, but may I suggest Bedford Aerodrome. It's a track well suited to the Supra, lots of space to stretch it's legs and some nice sections. It may not be the most interesting of tracks to the experienced guys though

Definitely, you'd be mad to consider it. You'd be off after two laps. My Skyline is 98 Db static at a legit and unfixed testing RPM, 95% of Supras that come here haven't a cat in hell's chance of passing a legit track noise test, static or drive by. Stock or Tanabe Medallion Touring are two of the few safe bets for reliable track day visits.

Definitely, you'd be mad to consider it. You'd be off after two laps. My Skyline is 98 Db static at a legit and unfixed testing RPM, 95% of Supras that come here haven't a cat in hell's chance of passing a legit track noise test, static or drive by. Stock or Tanabe Medallion Touring are two of the few safe bets for reliable track day visits.

And the Whifbitz twin box system - mine was fine with that on.

I got 98db @ 4500 rpm at Donington last weekend with my Tanabe Medalion Racing :D - I was suprised

They did tell me not to go full beans :p

Im in for Oct, looking to book Donington anyway

Mines another single at 98 dB on the tanabe with a re-circ screamer. I love the sound of the open screamer but I just dont want the worry of 'is it ok or not' :)

Same here. Can't do August, but may be able to do a date in Sep/Oct/Nov... provided it's not too far away :)

Not sure if it's an option, but may I suggest Bedford Aerodrome. It's a track well suited to the Supra, lots of space to stretch it's legs and some nice sections. It may not be the most interesting of tracks to the experienced guys though

Hear what you say and I think we will prob be best putting it to the vote. Only thing that puts me off bedford personally is the state I have seen some bonnets after a days driving there - pebble dashed is not the word??

Best bet is the free app for the iphone. Its not the most acurate thing on the planet but it gives a good idea.

Ill post up in the event section and se if anyone has a noise tester - you never know santapod may actually have one we can use.