The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Change in HKS BOV Sound? Vid Enclosed

a98pmalcolm

Hmmm its strange. Id love to know why it does it so i can set it up to do it all the time is it sounds ubber cool. idea i had is both wastegates are closed at low revs making alot of boost causing more of a woosh and flutter as both will be fluttering? Beeing a very tempramental fault within the VSV system.

If that is the case is there a way of using bypass's with IAVC, VSV etc..

For example with the TTC mod, thats when both wastegates are open until the 3000RPM mark then they close up for the turbos to spool. Untill the set max boost peaks. (I maybe totally wrong lol)

If im correct in the way that works, is there away to have both wastegates closed all he time untill the controller opens the wastegates up at 1.2 bar as its set now?

I could be talking complete nonsense so appologys in advance if i am...

Any thoughts?

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

I was on eBay last night and noted that Sumo power did inserts for HKS BOVs to change the pitch of the noise. they might be someone to speak to about making the noise permanent but if you can buy inserts from Sumo perhaps the insert that comes with the BOV has come loose?

i have this on mine,

basically, the chatter noise is from the air filter, not the dump valve.

the other sharp noise is from the SSQV.

small amounts of boost will get the filter noise/chatter, higher boost you get the SSQV

Lude its not as easy to notice in this vidio but there was deffo catter coming back through the BOV once it opened.. But also from the filter as its passing the turbo fins (for it to make the noise)

The high pitch woosh from BOV is also 4 times louder when this happens

Any more ideas why it randomly does this (very rearly)?

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)