The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Come to daddy !!!!!!!!!

dude

Wow, that is excellent service from Comp! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the mapping :D

They have now sent the turbo I originally ordered, 1.32 divided housing, that means the centre housing is different (this is what failed, the mod for the centre to fit the 1.52 housing) and the front wheel is different, so my DP will have to be modded (they have sent the adaptor) and the snail that we cut up and welded a 90* elbow on will not fit. Plus the mapping will need changing to suit, we will prob just do a quick session to check everything is OK and run at 7/10's the restt of the year, its pointless me trying to get 1300+ hp down on the track from the word go, the car will now need tuning to the power, all I need is around 1000hp, Ill be happy this year to just take the number 1 time back from Kev Huntley, next year the car will be around 200kgs lighter and have a seq box that will hold up to 3000 hp so I can launch it hard as I like.

My God, John sure has changed from when he was a nipper...:)

What was up with the old turbo Dude?

The turbo they sent me was from a new range, it was diff to what I ordered and the dealer is use thaught it would be better, the centre cartridge was modified to take the larger ex housing by welding a ring around the rear V band thus enlarging it, the specs stated this should be seam welded, it was'nt and that's what failed, its the only one to do so and so far the only one not seam welded, just my luck. To say im impressed with the way this has been handled is an understatement, I do not deal with Comp direct I deal thru an agent and we are now a dealer for these, we can beat any price from Comp as my agent buys so many and passes the discount to AFR. Their equivalent to a Precision 61 sppols quicker and just made 700 whp !!!!!

P1010367.JPG

P1010371.JPG

Edited by dude (see edit history)