The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what to do to my car this winter.

gavin.starr

Now that the house im moving into has a garage i wont mind doing some work on it over winther.

My G40 polo is nearly complete so that will be my winter horse.

The supra has covered 150k miles mixture of miles and kilomoters.

1. The rear diff has been on my mind for a long time. So maybee replace that with a standard one.

2. Full service, ie New brakes oils (Braided Lines), engine flush, new gaskets in places, filters etc...

3. Think i need a new steering rack too.

4. Wheel refurb.

5. Sort some of the body work out.

6. My de cat doesn't have a hole for the lambda sensor so sort that out.

7. Get a stainless exhaust from the de-cats back as its mild steel at the mo.

8. Fit my boost controller.

9.Buy and fit some form of AFR guage (what recomendations ?)

10. Look at the engine with regards to leaks etc...

11. New air filter as i hate the hks mushroom.

12. Re spray the dash and take my time this time, also the rocker cover and other engine bay components.

13. Im already BPU'd but would like a little bit more, I was thinking maybe aquamist etc... New cams maybe but im not sure. I would like to get 400 plus bhp. I already have uprated turbos from the standard ceramic to steel internals.

Is there anything else im missing.

What else would you do?

Gav

Depends largely on your budget, aims and personal taste. Soem would say put a bodykit on. Others would say take it off.

You could replace the suspension polybushes to give the car a tighter feel around corners. Not sure if that's a DIY job though.

Depends largely on your budget, aims and personal taste. Soem would say put a bodykit on. Others would say take it off.

You could replace the suspension polybushes to give the car a tighter feel around corners. Not sure if that's a DIY job though.

All pretty much done now. New arms etc around 8 months ago and suspension around 2 years ago. so that part of it is done.

• 2 months later...

I have just purchased a full set of turbo pipes, throttle body and intake manifold.

Seeing as a lot of people go for the polished look, I thought i would try something a little different. I was thinking along the lines of powder coating, but i cant decide on a colour.

I have spoken to a few of my local powder coating places, and I would ideally need it in a high temp coat, and the vast majority of them have said that they only have it in black, and i was thinking of gunmetal grey.