The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice and recommendations please guys!

Si_s Supe

The previous owner of my car (scooter) fitted a set of Bilstein shocks and stock springs. The ride and handling is fine, but for some reason, it sits rediculously high at the front end. I'm getting a bit fed up with people saying "lovely car mate, shame you could stow a family of immigrants in your arches!". Unfortunately, me and the missus are looking into buying our 1st house so my budget won't stretch to the HSDs I want, but I HAVE to do something about my ride height before project Supra goes on hold for a while!!

I've looked into Tein S Tech springs which lower by -36mm front -42mm rear which is just going to exaggerate the front/rear height difference. Also looked at Eibach Pros which would help at -30mm front -25mm rear so would level it out a little, but not sure it'll drop it far enough?? If anyone happens to have any photos of their car sitting on Eibach/Bilsteins and 18" rims I'd be greatful? Or any other suggestions??

It's a bit odd that a TT6 sits high at the front, what at your tyre profiles?

My old car had new Yellow Bilsteins and the Eibach springs, it was quite low all round, but comfortable when no going over rough roads. It used to have RSR race springs before these which were about 0.25inch lower all round, but it made the car very unstable due to the very high spring rate.

Under acceleration:

attachment.php?attachmentid=135726&stc=1&d=1310427383

Static:

attachment.php?attachmentid=135727&stc=1&d=1310427583

TT6 Eibachs.jpg

facelift front.jpg

Looks awesome. And that's a TT on Bilsteins/Eibach Pros? Makes me wish I'd kept my stock 17's now!!

Thanks for the kind words, back then it was still just TT6 on stock Bilsteins and Eibachs (not sure about the pro bit!). It remained on those after I went to a T67 single and even then the setup worked as a great all rounder. I'm sure there are much better options out there, but as a cheap alternative to moving to full aftermarket units I found these excellent. They are were much more forgiving and more comfortble then the Tein setup I have today.

Looks awesome. And that's a TT on Bilsteins/Eibach Pros? Makes me wish I'd kept my stock 17's now!!
Yes i agree it looks good, ive now fitted my hsd coilovers and must admit it looks awsome too, and before you ask,,,,,,,, noooooo you cant have your wheels back :p