The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Attaching Wire Mesh....

scooby_doo_do

Ok ok,,, I know i've been through this one before....

But..

What on earth do you guys use to stick it to the bumper? I'm about to do it this weekend so need to go out and buy some sort of glue ?

I've got all the details on how to take off the front bumper, but i was also going to grill up the sideskirts if i can, so any ideas how i'd get to them ?

Many thanks.

Craig.

I used a hot glue gun, but I aso used some silicone mastic.

The silicone isn't brittle and should last longer.

Inside the bumper aperture I removed the bottom plastic strip and trimmed the edge to match the top profile.

I got the stainless mesh cut about 5mm larger than the aperture.

The mesh was cut using a guillotine .

Hot melt glue is the way ahead as it is active a whole hell of a lot faster than any other glue type. You don't even have to buy a glue gun a decent lighter will melt the glue and you can just rub it on where required. The back spats are held on with push clips in the arch and a couple on spigots. I attached my grill with a 90 L section aluminium strip top and bottom so I could easily remove it when required. The side indicator holes and rear spat things were glued in with hot melt glue.