The mkiv Supra Owners Club

coil connectors?

k9l3

Check out this link...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?61141-How-To-Refurbish-coil-pack-connectors

I changed mine last week, car is a different car.. Response has improved, definitely quicker... I did not even change the plugs...

Dont forget to change the breather pipes as well..

when you purchase new plugs does it have the pins all in it already or is it a emty clip also what brether pipe? thanks

It's just the shell of the connector. The actual contact pins themselves are part of the engine loom, a £1000 ish jobbie, or Toyota will sell the connectors with a short "tail" of wire crimped on, to splice into the existing loom. I could get you the part numbers for the tails (available in two different lengths, but not until later. Let me just see if I can find an old post of mine.....

Here you go:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?235573-Engine-loom-problem-%28Vid-Inside%29&highlight=tail+connector

when you purchase new plugs does it have the pins all in it already or is it a emty clip also what brether pipe? thanks

No,it is just the plastic case, you have to strip the old one out and fit the new one.. Follow the guide, its very easy..

The breather pipes are ones on the cam covers, you need to remove them to change the plugs..They get hard with age and heat and split when trying to remove...

Search for spark plugs and you will pick up the part numbers..

It's just the shell of the connector. The actual contact pins themselves are part of the engine loom, a £1000 ish jobbie, or Toyota will sell the connectors with a short "tail" of wire crimped on, to splice into the existing loom. I could get you the part numbers for the tails (available in two different lengths, but not until later. Let me just see if I can find an old post of mine.....

Here you go:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?235573-Engine-loom-problem-%28Vid-Inside%29&highlight=tail+connector

ok get me price anyway and if i need them i sort something out thanks mate

The cam boxes have two breather hoses across the tops of the coil packs, they go hard and brittle and break or split when you try and flex the hoses off, best to buy two new ones BEFORE they break....

how much would these cost approx and would you know a part no. thanks

thanks mate sorry what do you mean by connector shells and tails do i need these aswell?

sorry i get you know i have ordered connectors i have not ordered tails tho can i try find them on whifbits now, are they just called tails?

You probably don't need tails unless the actual connectors are worn or damaged. Whifbitz probably don't sell them. If you find you do need them the part numbers are in the thread I linked to earlier.

ye i have to replace the coil connectors/clips which i have ordered so will i 100% need the tails