Exhaust conundrum

Dan_Turism0

Which exhaust?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which exhaust?

• Blitz Nurspec R
    • 3" Single Box Whifbitz
    • Motoria Exhaust

Currently contemplating which exhaust to get for my 6spd SZ-R, I want something that's got a nice rumble at idle but also want it to keep the 2JZ's engine note at higher revs and I do like loud but without being too 'drony' at cruising speeds

I've currently got 3 exhaust in mind, although if anyone else has any other ideas feel free to add them in :) i'm currently leaning toward the Whifbitz as it seems to be the best compromise between cost and noise levels according to the chart anyways

Edited by Dan_Turism0 (see edit history)

Not heard a Whifbitz exhaust on an NA, but my 3" twin box on my twin turbo has settled down to a really nice rumble and it loud enough when the turbos comes on line. Build quality is good to, and fits nicely up in to the car so not grounded it out once yet.

Not heard a Whifbitz exhaust on an NA, but my 3" twin box on my twin turbo has settled down to a really nice rumble and it loud enough when the turbos comes on line. Build quality is good to, and fits nicely up in to the car so not grounded it out once yet.

Similar feedback regarding the twin box on my single turbo too. I'd expect it to behave differently on a NA

What about the gbp170 eBay exhaust that Jamie is using on his v8 supra?

That is a very good point, don't know of anyone running one of these on their 2JZ supra though, but it could be a very sensible option as I'm going to be going 2JZ-GTE and full single thus changing the exhaust so would make sense not to spend big bucks

That is a very good point, don't know of anyone running one of these on their 2JZ supra though, but it could be a very sensible option as I'm going to be going 2JZ-GTE and full single thus changing the exhaust so would make sense not to spend big bucks

That and the fact that it's a TRD copy. It's stainless so you won't need to worry about corrosion, it's shiney so it looks the part and it's 3" so the flow will be perfect. JP said the quality was far better than he was expecting also so it's win win IMO.

If I needed a TT exhaust it's the one I would buy without doubt.