The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just gotta say this..

a98pmalcolm

The past few months I’m loving my supra.

Iv always liked the supra but the car I really wanted is the R34 GTR (as some of you may know from a previous thread) also a small give away that I had my Supra sprayed Nissan BaySide Blue which is the GTR Colour. I bought the Supra for a nice powerful placement until I can afford the GTR.

But I think I may have had a change in heart, I think I now prefer the Supra more, The way it fells, the look, fantastic engine, great community etc.

Got the big single planned for this year and I’m looking forward to it, and will keep the Supra for many years to come as there’s not alot out there id prefer (within reason i.e. taking Zonda and Ferrari out the question lol)

Have many of you lot had a similar situation of now you have a Supra you now like it more?

Paul

:)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3729/20110511012.jpg

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

I always wanted a Skyline but couldn't afford the insurance so I had a look at Imprezas and Evos and RX7s (but found the engine wasn't very strong), then thought "hmm, what about a Supra, they were always cool on Gran Turismo". Found the insurance was much cheaper so joined up here.

I then got really into them and now I can't get enough of them.

At first I just "settled" on a Supra due to cheap(er) insurance but I'm so glad I did :)

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

To be honest, I never really liked Supras... until I actually sat in one... It was a change in heart in a second. Now I can't seem to get enough of it... Thinking about buying a second one someday... and of course keep them both as long as I can!

i was not sure what I was going to buy when I was looking a fair few years back

I was seriously considering a GTO, but heard about the reliability issues and then decided on a scooby or Evo, but I couldn't find a tidy one I wanted.

I was down at Torque Import and they had a Supra in there, I had a quick look over it and couldn't believe it was a car I could afford, although that one had already been sold

So a couple of months later I ended up with a Supra and can not really imagine how I will ever replace it

I'm feelin the love for mine lately too. Dont think i'd be happy with another car - I did want to get shot of mine earlier this year and replace it with a Bullnosed Monaro (more practical and noisier!), glad I didnt go through with it though

Your car is a looker, you made a good move

i was not sure what I was going to buy when I was looking a fair few years back

I was seriously considering a GTO, but heard about the reliability issues and then decided on a scooby or Evo, but I couldn't find a tidy one I wanted.

I was down at Torque Import and they had a Supra in there, I had a quick look over it and couldn't believe it was a car I could afford, although that one had already been sold

So a couple of months later I ended up with a Supra and can not really imagine how I will ever replace it

wasnt a silver one was it? i got mine from torque :)

I always wanted a scooby. But could never afford the insurance. Or the car :p. I honestly cant remember how I came across the supra. My dad had a mk3 when I was little and he towed the caravan with it!

But I remember going to view my na. My dad actualy sent me a link to it on auto trader, as it was the closest one to me for sale I went to see if I could fit in it and see if I liked it. It was a facelift, a rare colour (although i didnt know at the time) and totally mint! The test ride scared me to bits. He was an old chap but gave it the beans!

The owner went on holiday for 3 weeks before I could pick it up.

The first time I drove it on the way home i took a wrong turning and had to do a 7 point turn in a side road as I was used to the turning circle of my Clio. Then stalled it in the middle of a junction. Took me ages to get used to the power. When I put my foot down things kinda went blurry untill I backed off. In an na! Drove like a granny for months!

I was living with my ex at the time separated but still living in the same house. She was vegan save the environment type. And she tolerated my Clio. she wasn't impressed when I rocked up in the supra :)

She moved out soon after. After my wife it's the best thing that ever happened to me :)

I've changed cars more often than i can remember. Before the supra I didnt keep a car longer than 9months to a year. Come to think of it i've never MOT'd a car twice before the supra.

Had the supra 3 years now and have plans for it over the next 3-4 years and can honestly say i'd not be selling it. Mostly because the car is fantastic and partly because of this forum :)

Your car is a looker, you made a good move

Cheers Pal :)

I still want an R34 GTR, but I can not ever sell the supra so maybe I will have both one day :).

Greedy! Lol I recognised your avatar jazz as we said you were after a GTR in my thread about me wanting one….

Nice to see people with the same feeling. So many new members I see “I always wanted a supra” or “Finally got my dream car”

But with a few of us it seem “its turned into one of our favourite cars”