The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Underdog Supra Project

marc_p

Well as most of you know, I have my Aerotop project keeping me busy, but I thought I would put a project up for the forgotten Supra, the underdog Supra. This is the car that was used as the donor for the aerotop, it was imported as a TT6 with some goodies, however, it was then stripped of everything and it was then demoted to becoming an N/A Auto as the engine that was in the aerotop was put in this, after it was stripped of everything decent it looked like so:

attachment.php?attachmentid=135593&stc=1&d=1310067213

attachment.php?attachmentid=135594&stc=1&d=1310067332

There was a dent in the side from where a moman hit it, there was scratches galore and it was just looking tired, so I felt it was time for the unsung hero to rise and have now started work on it with it eventually becoming a TT6 again (TT next year at least)

I also didn't really like the Ridox front either(too square for my liking, so stock front went back on:

attachment.php?attachmentid=135595&stc=1&d=1310067358

So first up, I got it resprayed to freshen it up and picked it up last week looking like so:

attachment.php?attachmentid=135596&stc=1&d=1310067493

attachment.php?attachmentid=135598&stc=1&d=1310067667

Then I felt it was really lacking in the wheels department, so I ordered these on the weekend and they arrived yesterday, much better:

attachment.php?attachmentid=135599&stc=1&d=1310067732

attachment.php?attachmentid=135601&stc=1&d=1310067857

attachment.php?attachmentid=135602&stc=1&d=1310067913

The front was starting to annoy me aswell, so on Monday a new lip was ordered, which turned up today, hopefully to get sprayed over the weekend:

attachment.php?attachmentid=135603&stc=1&d=1310067992

Hopefully, everything should be moving at a fair rate, so expect lot's of updates. It's nice having the Aerotop though as it means I am not performance focused with this one, I can just get on and go purely for looks without having to spend money making it go faster.

9f6c8644.jpg

ac609b76.jpg

71df5a0e.jpg

b37936a9.jpg

74bcfd14.jpg

57183fc5.jpg

4ee83a50.jpg

167d24e3.jpg

ac87869e.jpg

what did you do with the ridx front dude ?

Sold it to BarneyBrendon :)

nice work there, it's a nice looking car, will look good with the front lip, will you be trimming the wing bits?

Thanks, going to keep the wings at first as I can always trim them off at a later date if I think it will look better.

You got ran into by a Mormon? :blink: :D

Didn't even notice that:d

• 7 months later...