The mkiv Supra Owners Club

10.4 @ 143mph Video, Fast5 Show.

JamieP

This was my best run, you can see what terrible starts i was getting, in first gear i had to let off and put my foot down again to try and get traction, then the rest of the day i just bogged down every time., still happy with the new personal best and it was a good test for suprapod.

Damn them wipers:d

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Congrats.

What was the 60ft?

And what's the first impressions of the hoosiers?

1.9, Hoosiers seemed to good i think, i was launching at 7000rpm and it was just digging in and i was off boost, looking at the logs the revs would drop to 2100rpm when i dumped the clutch, i think it needs more power in first to make use of the grip, a small shot of nitrous just in first gear maybe, that or go back to the 26" tyres, im not sure what to do yet.

1.9, Hoosiers seemed to good i think, i was launching at 7000rpm and it was just digging in and i was off boost, looking at the logs the revs would drop to 2100rpm when i dumped the clutch, i think it needs more power in first to make use of the grip, a small shot of nitrous just in first gear maybe, that or go back to the 26" tyres, im not sure what to do yet.

Can never have too much grip :)

Still launching @ 7k with launch control, and at what boost?

Also what tyre pressures? Maybe try a little more pressure in them.

Congrats again on the new PB.

You've got loads left in the car still. Mid 9 should be on the cards once the 60ft's come down....

Launching with the 28" tires needs to be at around 8.5-9k especially on the 3.0. Even when it grips without revving to 8-9k in 1st you'll fall below the power band in 2nd and won't get the most out of it. A little sniff of nos would be good, but you'll definitely see an improvement with a 26" full slick and skinnies up top. The shorter tire won't need as much grunt to get out and due to the shorter gearing you won't need to rev it as high in 1st to keep in the powerband in 2nd. Loads of guys have gone 9's with 26" tires.

Can never have too much grip :)

Still launching @ 7k with launch control, and at what boost?

Also what tyre pressures? Maybe try a little more pressure in them.

I think the highest we went with launch control was 6500rpm, Ryan will remember better though, made about a bar of boost but the second i dumped the clutch it would almost stall, started at 21psi in the tyres, finished at 14 psi.

Dont do nitrous mate, id stick the 26's on and go from there

Funny how far u come though eh that you're disappointed with a bloody 10.4 lol ;)

Im still happy mate, car was great, I just want that 9, will make suprapod all the more fun though i think:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Congrats again on the new PB.

You've got loads left in the car still. Mid 9 should be on the cards once the 60ft's come down....

Launching with the 28" tires needs to be at around 8.5-9k especially on the 3.0. Even when it grips without revving to 8-9k in 1st you'll fall below the power band in 2nd and won't get the most out of it. A little sniff of nos would be good, but you'll definitely see an improvement with a 26" full slick and skinnies up top. The shorter tire won't need as much grunt to get out and due to the shorter gearing you won't need to rev it as high in 1st to keep in the powerband in 2nd. Loads of guys have gone 9's with 26" tires.

Thanks for the advice , It does seem i needed to be more aggressive with it, i am very tempted to go back to the 26's, it was easy with them.

Im still happy mate, car was great, I just want that 9, will make suprapod all the more fun though i think:)

Yeah u should be proud of a low 10 street car with more to come ;)

Just think you'd be better off with 26" tyres rather than nos - would hate to see u cook it :)