The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra why it so good?

k9l3

now I get bored of cars and always want to change them . I have before the supra had 11 cars in 3 years and this is the first car I find I love so much even tho it cost a lot to run. every time I in it and listen to the jet engine type sounds from the turbos spooling up and the super car feel you get. plus the looks (hello ladies :). I feel special in it. standard I would say the car is dating unlike what I find with the 3000 gto.s which standard can still look very modern but with a nice kit man they can be sexy. and its one of them cars I want to spend 1000s I ain't got on it. I mean I already spent over 1200 on it normally I don't keep a car longer then having to renew my tax :)

out of everycar I look at or research I cannot seem to find a better car for me the nearest under 20k is a 350z and that seems not that good plus no turbo. the American g35 twin turbo is ok mostly because they newer and different but I think the new Nissan skyline r35 money wise is the best and closest like wise and even then I like the supra still. so I think unless I ever win the LOTTO I will never be as satisfied till maybe a lambo or koniserg something along them lines.

so yes the supra is a great car and very nice to drive for a sports car apart from the front leather seats on long journeys need more back support for us young ones lol. very fast once the second turbo comes in. always puts a smile on my face. always have to stare at it.

cars I have had are as follows

2x bmw 330d e46

2x jag x type 2.0d

x type 2.2d

. mk4 astra 1.8 convertible

. mk4 astra 1.6

. megane 2 1.6

. celica 190 t sport

. celica 1.8 sport 98 model

. bmw 325ci convertible

. ford cougar 2.5

use to share a gto na with dad aswell

that's not in order by the way.!

I think if the price of petrol does me in I will have to jump the 7 bridge or feel very lost not having a supra no more. all I will have is the gf and that's not good enough :(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think they are more dated in looks to a gto, no way, not with those curves. I can see with you previous cars why you like the sup so much. I am the same, previous to the supra I had a shed load of cars, and none matched my current car.

got to agree, that gto just hasnt got the curves (dont get me wrong though i do like them). The supra on the other hand has some great curves and if you think about it, when it came out everything else were a bit square. personaly i think in even todays world the supra MKIV could get away with being a new production car. im sure some would say otherwise though.

Out of those pics, the Supra looks waaay more dated, but that is mainly down to the pre-facelift front end(especially the lights, pre-facelift lights really date the car) and also the naff looking wheels/seats.

Sorry i dont agree with that one bit.

i understand about some people prefer the car standard I just think it does not look that good in standard form I do like the back. the side is nice but need better wheels then standard but standard front end does look bit dated to me sorry. I admit tho I do not like when you see them over done kit its has be nice and look smart.

I don't think they are more dated in looks to a gto, no way, not with those curves. I can see with you previous cars why you like the sup so much. I am the same, previous to the supra I had a shed load of cars, and none matched my current car.

I should of worded what I ment properly what I ment is dated really is the front and the wheels change them and the car can look nice and more upto date looking. little things

I race lambo`s and konegsigs in mine:D

Koenigsegg? For true?

I love the stock-but wider and meaner look (i.e. JP's)

Bodykits (especially Vileside) make it look dated and chavvy IMO. Saying that, I do love a nice Trial bum!