The mkiv Supra Owners Club

old member NEW SUPRA :D

Dan_Turism0

Ok so after the long search I’ve finally got the supra which is stage 1 of the project , it's a 98 SZ-R with the V161 box (some of you may recognise the car as it belonged to Jason) here’s how she currently stands after a little clean today :)

First things first there’s a few bodywork bits that I’m going to get touched up, these aren’t really apparent in pics but close up I know they are there and want the car looking like it’s just rolled out of the showroom.

The end project will consist of a fully rebuilt 2JZ-GTE engine from the bottom end up with a few goodies along the way and I’m hoping to have the engine by the end of the year to give me something to rebuild whilst the weather is crappy, I’m keeping most of the engine spec details quiet for the time being but I can say that it will be running a decent sized single turbo and forged internals.

In the mean time I’ll be doing some supporting mods e.g. big brake upgrade/radiator/sway bar upgrade and get the exterior looking spot on…..so in the immediate future I’ve got the following plans

*Bodywork Care – aiming for this to be complete by end of July

*Replace Track Rod Ends – received parts today fitting soon

*Blitz Nur Spec R Exhaust

*MVP Urethane Front Lip without ears – group buy

*BK993 Wheels 18x8 on the front and 18x9.5 on the rear

*TRD Rear Spoiler with Carbon Centre Blade

*Induction Kit

*HID Headlight Kit – awaiting delivery

thanks guys i absolutely love it :) going to the bodyshop next week to get a quote on how much it's going to cost to get it looking top notch, hoping to have my GTE engine before the winter so I can strip it and get it sent off and then the rebuild will commence in the new year

yeah it's not bad mate i had to adjust the bass levels as I found it was a lacking a bit of depth but other than that it's pretty good although i'm thinking of getting a touchscreen headunit with integrated sat nav :)

A small update just had these arrive at my work, they are a company i've used before that came recommended by a Toyota mechanic who reckons they are as good if not better than OEM not bad for £30 delivered ;)

I shall be fitting these soon, luckily one of the guys I work with rents a unit so there's loads of space to work on our cars there

well just had this arrive at work along with my HID's, shall be fitting both tonight and will try and get a before and after vid

Exhaust is the £179 one off ebay that Jamie has on his v8 supra, first impressions look good but i'm looking forward to hearing how this sounds on a 2JZ

*also if a mod is able to move this thread into the projects section, I would be grateful :)