The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension set up

ADD

Hi all

I have got my Meister r suspension through now (massive thanks to Dr_jekyll) and have a local reliable garage to fit it for me and put an MOT on too, but as far as im aware the ride height will be pretty high as standard so ill need to find somewhere local to hampshire that can alter the height of the suspension for me! Does anyone have any ideas where i can go?

Ad

Hi all

I have got my Meister r suspension through now (massive thanks to Dr_jekyll) and have a local reliable garage to fit it for me and put an MOT on too, but as far as im aware the ride height will be pretty high as standard so ill need to find somewhere local to hampshire that can alter the height of the suspension for me! Does anyone have any ideas where i can go?

Ad

have you thought about doing it yourself? its very simple and easy to alter the height, I fitted the same suspension to mine and messed about with the height until it sat how I wanted it to. All you need to do is jack the car up and use the two c spanners undo the ring at the bottom and twist it one way will lower it and the other will raise the height. I would advise a full geometry set up as well after youve done a few miles on them to settle them- I used wheels in motion cant fault them

Chris

have you thought about doing it yourself? its very simple and easy to alter the height, I fitted the same suspension to mine and messed about with the height until it sat how I wanted it to. All you need to do is jack the car up and use the two c spanners undo the ring at the bottom and twist it one way will lower it and the other will raise the height. I would advise a full geometry set up as well after youve done a few miles on them to settle them- I used wheels in motion cant fault them

Chris

Thanks for reply pal, if its that simple then yes ill do it myself i think.

where abouts it WIM?

cheers

ad

it really is that simple mate, just make sure you measure the heights you set it to, so both the fronts are the same and both the rears are the same. I think its in buckinghamshire you can check by going on theyre website just type them in on google. If you didnt want to adjust them yourself they would do it there for you then do the geometry after

Provided they are not seized (assuming the suspension was 2nd hand) you should be able to do it with the suspension on the car. Lowered it shouldn't be a problem, but you may need to put some spring compressors on if you're having trouble. It's you're unlucky the springs seats you need to grip may be in theat the same height as the upper arm, if that happens you'll need to remove the long bolt that secures the upper arm to the subframe, It's pretty easy but can be a fiddle on the passenger side due to the washer bottle.

If the seats are seized it's a nightmare!! I had to cut mine off and rebuild, it's proving a rather expensive exercise :(

you can do it with the suspension on the car thats how I did mine but as homer said it depends on the condition of the suspension as mine were brand new so it was really easy for me. when you jack the car up and have a look it should all come into place about what you need to do, if you get stuck just send me a pm mate

you can do it with the suspension on the car thats how I did mine but as homer said it depends on the condition of the suspension as mine were brand new so it was really easy for me. when you jack the car up and have a look it should all come into place about what you need to do, if you get stuck just send me a pm mate

Hi mate think I may need to take you up on that offer. Any chance I could grab ya number of ya don't mind?

Ad

To adjust my HSD's you have to remove the bottom bolt that holds the strut to the lower support. Then adjust the strut to alter the height, refit the lower bolt then move tighten the lock ring down to lock it off.

Thats exactly how i can see the only way of doing it.....

To adjust my HSD's you have to remove the bottom bolt that holds the strut to the lower support. Then adjust the strut to alter the height, refit the lower bolt then move tighten the lock ring down to lock it off.

with the meister r's you dont need to unbolt anything just undo the bottom lock nut and you can lower or raise the suspension :)

Edited by Parry_10 (see edit history)

with the meister r's you dont need to unbolt anything just undo the top lock nut and you can lower or raise the suspension :)

On the HSD's the adjusting part is threaded so needs to be turned to raise/lower the suspension. Any pics of the Meisters?

Replaced and set up the rears in a couple of hours today, couldn't believe how easy it actually was (cheers perry) got to the fronts and I couldn't shift the suspension enough to get it out, realised that I'd need spring compressors to compress them by 2-3 cm and it would clear. So back in it tomo.... Enjoyable day doing it though.

Ad

Replaced and set up the rears in a couple of hours today, couldn't believe how easy it actually was (cheers perry) got to the fronts and I couldn't shift the suspension enough to get it out, realised that I'd need spring compressors to compress them by 2-3 cm and it would clear. So back in it tomo.... Enjoyable day doing it though.

Ad

nice one mate good to hear, but you dont need spring compressors you take out the long bolt at the back of the top suspension arm (easiest way imo) and on the passenger side you will need to remove the washer tank so you can get the bolt out, really easy though mate

nice one mate good to hear, but you dont need spring compressors you take out the long bolt at the back of the top suspension arm (easiest way imo) and on the passenger side you will need to remove the washer tank so you can get the bolt out, really easy though mate

Oh ok mate I took the bottom bolt out and the drop link off along with the 3 top nuts but didn't see the long suspension arm bolt. Coz as I pull the whole unit down to take it out it gets jammed on the rear part of the spring.

Oh ok mate I took the bottom bolt out and the drop link off along with the 3 top nuts but didn't see the long suspension arm bolt. Coz as I pull the whole unit down to take it out it gets jammed on the rear part of the spring.

Ah ok you've gone about doing it the harder way lol, usually those drop links don't come off without rounding them off and damaging them to get them off so you need to get new ones, I guess you were lucky and yours were ok.

Ah ok you've gone about doing it the harder way lol, usually those drop links don't come off without rounding them off and damaging them to get them off so you need to get new ones, I guess you were lucky and yours were ok.

I wouldn't have been able to lever the hub down to get suspension out if I hadn't of disconnected the drop link. Is there easier way then? :)