The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19"Blitz Technospeeds 2nd hand value?

STEVE C

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Are they damaged? If not, yes.

They arn't the same make as the ones that were nicked from Southampton Docks a few months ago...? they were Blitz cant remember the make.....!!!! Does anyone remember the thread on it think it was posted up by Newera Imports !!!

:eek:

EDIT: IGNORE ME I JUST CHECKED AND THEY WERE BBS'S....I did a search on technospeeds and think they retail at £700 per wheel, so £2k dosn't seem too bad though depends what condition they are in.

(As a tribute to Martin F) Use the search button theres loads of info on them, which is really helpful.

Yeah, the stolen ones were BBS LM wheels.

The Blitz wheels alone are liek you said, 700£ a piece, so thats 2800£ without tyres.

So depending on the condition and age, things like minor scuffs wouldnt make any different to me, as you'd pick them on while driving anyway. kerbing would be different.

Originally posted by Scarface GTti

My mate has an RX7 Type R and he just purchased a set of 18" Blitz Techospeeds without tyres for £800. But he bought them secondhand from Japan. He`s got the silver ones but i prefer the gold ones. Probably the sexiest wheel available.

And one of the heaviest !!!!

Dude:flame Dev

i have a set of OZ superleggra 3 for sale if you are intrested . they are fully forged and have ally lips and titanium bolts , apparently lightest in its class, why iam selling them , iam getting the same ones but wider on the rear.

19 * 10 rear with eagle f1 - 35/19/275

19 * 9 front with eagle f1 - 40/19/245

excellent condition . selling for £2400 i paid £3200 last year . try getting them new ...

pm me if you are intrested

Cheers lads,

Think Ill go for them then

The rims are about a year old and I dont think their's a mark on them def no kerbing tyres are sweet at the front & about 50% worn on the rears.

Dont like the idea of them being heavy though spent enough makeing her faster seems a bit silly to bolt on a set of heavy 19" rims now must be the Max power guy in me comeing out.

Michel those OZ supraleggras look well trick and were my third choice of rim but I just love the look of the blitz rims & being the pimp that I am Im going for them.

Maybe a illogical decision in terms of handling & power to weight ratio but hey its only a supra :p

Originally posted by Scooter

there are undoubtably lighter, but a 18 x 9 Blitz Z1 is lighter than a stock 17 x 9.5 wheel so they are not that heavy.........

Err i think you will find you are very wrong there dude , i can believe how light they are (stock wheels) compared to the aftermarket stuff i take off customers cars , it was Leon i think along with Terry who weighed the technospeeds and terry who told me they are a lot heavier than the stock wheel and i mean a LOT heavier also remember this is rotating mass so that weight is magnified many times , Khans as far as i can tell are made of Lead !!!!:cool:

Originally posted by dude

Err i think you will find you are very wrong there dude , i can believe how light they are (stock wheels) compared to the aftermarket stuff i take off customers cars , it was Leon i think along with Terry who weighed the technospeeds and terry who told me they are a lot heavier than the stock wheel and i mean a LOT heavier also remember this is rotating mass so that weight is magnified many times , Khans as far as i can tell are made of Lead !!!!:cool:

well all i can say is when i make a statement it is based on my own tests.

During my period of supra ownership i've had numerous stock wheels / tyres brake bits etc knocking about and weighed most of them just for the hell of it. I had two 18 x 9 blitz technospeed in the house (without tyres) for over three months waiting for the fronts and they weighed 24lb 12oz compared to the stock rear wheel at 25lbs

if someone 'proves' me very wrong in the future then so be it but this is what i take as being right as i've actually done it myself.

I like to think i tell things the way it is, just because i have Z1's it doesn't mean i will defend them to the hilt and make exaggerated claims of super light weight etc.

Leon's and Terry's experiences may come from moving whole wheels and tyres which clouds the 'wheel' weight issue........