The mkiv Supra Owners Club

yes another tyre thread.... sorry.. but what colour to do the wheels..

pistol pete

which ones..  

3 members have voted

1. 1. which ones..

• Falken
    • vredestein
    • toyo

sorry i have searched and found loads of info which has helped me narrow it down to 3 tires now..

on the back on my car i have advan 3spokes currently in black

the car is a NA

The tyres on the back are WANLI they have loads of tread left.. but oh my god.. in the dry they are fine but as soon as it is slightly damp its scarey (came with the car) and the road noise is aweful

the siza is 235/45/17... was going to to go Y rating.. thats right?

The choices are.

falken 452's.. at 82£ each

VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA at 97£ each

or toyo T1r's £101 each

Now i drive the car everyday in all weather so must be good in rain as it rains a lot..

but i drive sesnibly every day .. but when i am in the mood i do push the car hard and live near back roads so use them a fair bit..

so please vote help me out..... at the mo i am thinking the vresdesteins...

the other thing at the mo my wheels are black.. i think they look ok... but want something different..

what about doing them red? as would go with the red hks logo

the rears sit to far in is my other problem.. is 10 or 15mm spacers ok to push the out a bit?

here they are on the car

or any other suggestions on colour for the wheels?

want to change the front bumper.. carbon bonnet and BGW or carbon TRD.. sorta wanna go drift look (as don't think the car is clean/dent free enough for a standard mean looking car) hence the mad colour of wheels... nut not sure how it will look...

thanks

I put the Vredesteins on mine at the back end of last year and don't regret it after running 3 years with Falken 452s and there is a noticable difference in my opinion - especially with improved grip in the wet.

Getting good wear out of them too.

You might be alright with spacers as long as they are hubcentric ones mate.