The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member from Newcastle Upon Tyne

N-Mir

Hello everyone!

I have been visiting this forum since I was a kid mostly because my uncle from Birmingham who has owned and built a few Supras over the years and in my opion the best examples I have seen in the UK. Some of you guys might know him as Ibrar but I call him uncle Mir : ). I actually own one of his old Supra a TT UK spec Auto in Blue. I actually decided to join the forum to see what new ideas people have and wanted to keep an eye on my uncles new project, hopefully I can steal some bits of his car ; ).

My family are car crazy so we have owned a fair few motors over the years and have a nice small collection at the moment so I don't just like Supras although I have to say it is the most reliable and cheapest to maintain which is odd considering its a 1993 and some of the other cars are a few months old.

Oh yeah I was wondering how can I put a custom avatar up, one of my car instead of options we have to choose from?

Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome guys, yeah my dad uses it sometimes and parks it on the west road! The car was my dads first after he got it from my uncle then my dad wanted to swap it with my corsa as he wanted this LHD M5 and didnt want to trade in the Supra. Yeah I know swap of the century on my part!

I actually don't see many Supras around anymore, only this dark green one, do you guys just use them on weekends? Yeah I like the blue colour really makes it stand out but I cant remember the specific name for it my uncle likes his aero tops but if I lived closer id be at his garage everyday : )

welcome fella, seen ur car, i usually talk to ur dad when hes about. i had a white supra just down the road, u might of seen it around. ps if your looking for styling tips remove the graphics and the pre facelift rear lights and add facelift ones.

Thanks again for the welcomes, was that the white one normally parked up at national down the road? Auto and liked to pop a lot : ) if so think i spoke to you 2 years ago. I was going to take the stickers on the side skirts off especially because the web site and company no longer exists but thought it might make it look too plain. Ill have a look at those rear lights you mentioned never thought of that before but if they are loads better then might as well change them.

Ive only been to santa pod once and to a open meeting near whitley bay but it was full of chavs in Nova, Corsa, Renault and so on, even though they were my age it totally put me off! half of them didnt know what they were going on about but hopefully Supra meets are a lot better!

Thanks, both pictures were taken by my uncle, first one it has the Veilside side skirts and stock bumper but then were changed to Blitz and Bomex and thats what it looks like now as in the second picture but with a intercooler at the front, I tried to upload a recent picture but the file is 2.3MB and it wont upload for some reason?

I also wanted to ask my under tray did a runner last year because a garage never put it back on properly! :( should I get a replacement or does it not matter? I also need the plastic section from the inside of the front left wheel arch as if you were looking towards the engine if that makes sense.

Thank you for your help

Thanks, I saw a black one ages ago at shell over the bridge at gateshead some big kid was driving it and by that I mean tall and not fat : ) Are you gonna convert your N/A or just buy a TT?

I'm not that tall so probs not me. I bought an NA purposely as i use it as a daily and couldn't trust myself not to sit on boost constantly :)

I'll most likely buy a TT in the next year or so.

Taking it easy my cars better on fuel than my sisters 535D! I use my car roughly 6 months a year its washed and parked up for winter in my grandads garage and comes out march april depending on the weather. I would defo get a TT! have you driven one?

Edited by N-Mir (see edit history)

Taking it easy my cars better on fuel than my sisters 535D! I use my car roughly 6 months a year its washed and parked up for winter in my grandads garage and comes out march april depending on the weather. I would defo get a TT! have you driven one?

No, not yet...

You can have a turn in mine................ Once you buy it haha. I think its obvious that a TT or a Single are better than N/A but sometimes you have to make do because of the insurance because a few years back they wouldn't even give me a price for a TT full stop but my dad added me on his traders policy and agreed to a lower value for any car if I was at the wheel when it had a bump! I think the main thing I would be looking at is Manual or Auto, I have an Auto but was thinking about converting it to Manual but I would rather test drive one and make sure as both have positive and negatives.

Thanks, I actually didn't know he was building another one until a few weeks ago! last time I spoke to him after he sold the black Supra I asked what next? another Supra and he said no something else. Glad he changed his mind but then again theres nothing on the market that compares to a Supra in terms of modifying and styling apart from Skylines but I get a lot more people looking at the Supra parked up or running compared to any of the skylines we owned.

You can have a turn in mine................ Once you buy it haha. I think its obvious that a TT or a Single are better than N/A but sometimes you have to make do because of the insurance because a few years back they wouldn't even give me a price for a TT full stop but my dad added me on his traders policy and agreed to a lower value for any car if I was at the wheel when it had a bump! I think the main thing I would be looking at is Manual or Auto, I have an Auto but was thinking about converting it to Manual but I would rather test drive one and make sure as both have positive and negatives.

I chose an NA over a TT for reasons not related to money or insurance. Im 35 with 9 years NCB, so I pay very little for an NA or a TT. I'll upgrade one day, just not right now.

Ah ok sorry its just most the people I knew that owned N/A bought them because they couldn't get insured on TT but it was wrong of me to assume, anyways I was joking about the first section, If I come to a meeting you can have a turn in mine I don't mind.

Ah ok sorry its just most the people I knew that owned N/A bought them because they couldn't get insured on TT but it was wrong of me to assume, anyways I was joking about the first section, If I come to a meeting you can have a turn in mine I don't mind.

Cheers mate, I may take you up on that although it's dangerous because I'm impulsive and will likely go out and buy one the next week :)