The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dude/AFR Drag car 1024 BHP ATW's.

JamieP

Just spoke with Dude, well done mate, brilliant results.

All boost with no Nitrous, think he said 1.8bar on pump fuel, only reving to 7200rpm at present, 1024bhp at the wheels on TDI's dyno.

He is on his way home now but they left the car on the dyno to finish mapping tomorrow and add in some Nitrous:d

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just spoke with Dude, well done mate, brilliant results.

All boost with no Nitrous, think he said 1.8bar on pump fuel, 1024bhp at the wheels on TDI's dyno.

He is on his way home now but they left the car on the dyno to finish mapping tomorrow and add in some Nitrous:d

At 1.8 bar that's crazy, look forward to the final numbers tomorrow, well done dude and all involved!

Also great that pump fuel is going so far, if you had told me this a couple of years back i would say never would that power be possible., tempted to go for a bigger turbo myself now.

i new you would already be thinking of your next mods;)

Thanks guys, never thought it was going to happen, and of course it would not without help from all over, First off to Matt for mapping and Luke for mapping and electronic wizardry, Simon and Tommy for the spannering help and Ryan G for advice and set up help but also JP and Lee P and Jamesy etc and to all you guys who encouraged me when sub standard parts almost led me to give up.

Anyway the car made 1024 @ 1.8 bar and 7200 rpm, all other runs wew pulled thru to 9000rpm and it was still pulling like it did at 5000 but the car went lean as the boost spiked so Matt got out of the run otherwise im pretty sure (as is Sam at TDI) it would have made over 1100hp this is pure road fuel, Shell to be precise. Tomorrow Matt will finish the road fuel mapping and then we can crank up the boost and introduce the nitrous, im hoping to not rev so high and only run around 2.5 bar, hoping for 1300 @ the hubs.

Im going to upload a video to You Tube and will post the link as soon as its done.

Also great that pump fuel is going so far, if you had told me this a couple of years back i would say never would that power be possible., tempted to go for a bigger turbo myself now.

Can people stop feeding the forum animal please!!

There is no bound to your need for power Jamie :)

Well done John. Thats a cracking figure which can only get better. You deserve this after all your hard work on the car.

Are you going to see what it can run on face fuel?

Thanks guys, never thought it was going to happen, and of course it would not without help from all over, First off to Matt for mapping and Luke for mapping and electronic wizardry, Simon and Tommy for the spannering help and Ryan G for advice and set up help but also JP and Lee P and Jamesy etc and to all you guys who encouraged me when sub standard parts almost led me to give up.

Anyway the car made 1024 @ 1.8 bar and 7200 rpm, all other runs wew pulled thru to 9000rpm and it was still pulling like it did at 5000 but the car went lean as the boost spiked so Matt got out of the run otherwise im pretty sure (as is Sam at TDI) it would have made over 1100hp this is pure road fuel, Shell to be precise. Tomorrow Matt will finish the road fuel mapping and then we can crank up the boost and introduce the nitrous, im hoping to not rev so high and only run around 2.5 bar, hoping for 1300 @ the hubs.

Im going to upload a video to You Tube and will post the link as soon as its done.

Yeah have to agree with Dude, we were starting to think the car was cursed !

Don't fancy doing much more with pump fuel tbh, was certainly an interesting mapping session :D

I'd like to thank Ryan G too, AFR are now approved Syvecs dealers, and I'm loving the Syvecs. But I have certainly

appreciated Ryans assistance with familiarising me with the Syvecs. Thanks matey :)

Fingers crossed the car holds together tomorrow, and looking forward to some proper drag times )