The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ooh now this is an odd one.

Rob

My supras been laid up for a year, parked on the rear drive of stone chippings. With the demise of the old Audi its time to get it back on the road again so I moved it to the front tarmac drive ready for a service and good going over.

A couple of times this weekend I've noticed damp patches under the cills...no worries, just morning dew, I thought, but tonight I noticed fresh damp patches on the tarmac.

I rubbed my fingers in it, it had no odour although seemed slightly oily. I lay down and felt the undersides of the door cills, they are very wet and with a torch I noticed streaks on the paintwork. Opeing the doors, the underside of the doors feels dry.

Where is this liquid coming from?

My one suspicion is that the door voids are jammed with "wadding" to prevent rattling from the speakers and roundabout the time of the big freeze when my door locking failed I put bags of those silica crystals in the door bottoms too. Could that be evaporating in the heat this weekend and then condensating in the cooler evening air and dripping out?

Seems like its time to strip down the doors again.

Ok, washed it all nicely now. Its never a good sign when you open the boot lid and it smells like my garden pond when I've disturbed the bottom muck.

I hadn't realised before just how yellow the front lights are now. It looks like those old French cars.

Oil looks very treacley, so I still need to re new all the fluids and clean up the discs surfaces. Other than that it seems ok,I've been turning it over regualrly and the occasional jaunt up the cul de sac when no one is about, just to keep things moving.

The only thing that's worrying me is if I get back in it and think I'm over all this noisy Jap shenanigans. Will I look ridiculous like an old man trying to regain his youth in a worthless '90s import, that type of thing.