The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Similar performance Skyline?

spiderpigcity

ive seen r32's r33 and r43s all pushing more than that figure. ive seena alot of twin the skylines, more so than singles. a mates got a red r33 twin running 550bhp and thats not even at full boost

so the supra single is a poor mans skyline then?

So they make more power at lower boost than a 2JZ then?

so the supra single is a poor mans skyline then?

So they make more power at lower boost than a 2JZ then?

no not at all, it all depends on the spec of both cars, my supra would beat my mates skyline, my car isnt running too the max it could be. its mapped safely, i could get maybe another 20-30bhp outta my car with its currant spec but that would reduce reliability. anyway my point being is all depends on the spec of each car. so unless you have to specific specs in mind you cant compare

The four wheel drive Skyline's (GTR) are heavier and of course have 400 cc less engine capacity. The proper way to assess whether two cars will have similar performance is to work out their BHP per tonne figures, and fudge in a bit for torque curve differences. A two wheel drive Skyline GTS-t will need less power to outperform a MKIV Supra as it's quite a lot lighter. A GTR will need more power due to transmission losses, and it's probably heavier in R34 format. The R32 was the lightest, they got heavier from there on. The R34 is positively porky.