The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA stock suspension height help

Homer

Cheers guys, awesome of you for checking :thumbs:

THis confirms that mine a bit off kitler on the Teins (no surprise!).

365mm Front

355mm Rear

So, fitting stock NA springs should bring the front down a bit and lift the back, which feels like exactly what it should need

Tein height adjustables. They're for a TT hence the messed up ride heights :)

Hi Homer, i thought all suspension was the same on Supras? Why different settings/heights for a TT? extra weight at front due to turbos and ancilliaries is possible? but why would the rear differ?

Hi Homer, i thought all suspension was the same on Supras? Why different settings/heights for a TT? extra weight at front due to turbos and ancilliaries is possible? but why would the rear differ?

NA's have a softer spring rate on the fronts due to the lighter weight. That's why my car is sitting so high with the NA engine - the front is oversprung. The rears are probably just setup to run a bit lower on this car.

NA's have a soften spring rate on the fronts due to the lighter weight. That's why my car is sitting so high with the NA engine - the front is oversprung. The rears are probably just setup to run a bit lower on this car.

Will have to measure mine now you have said that.

My front appears very high. I bet its got standard TT springs on it.

Fitted a set of of stock NA springs & dampers to the front today and it's brought it down to the same height you guys found - 360mm front passenger side, 355mm drivers side

Only problem is the dampers are knocking, not happy, bought them from a member here too :( Can't wait to get the Teins repaired and back on (and lowered)!

Would it not be a better move to fit new Bilsteins rather than repair the Teins ?

Possibly, but I need to be able to change ride heights and spring rates (in the future). Plus, money is tight. The Teins are costing about £70 to be repaired (parts only, attempting to do the work myself) and I have a spare set of new Tein springs, so it's a lot more affordable than swapping out for all new items

Fully understand what you're saying though :)