The mkiv Supra Owners Club

camber ajustment?

Benje1990

hi guy's

my car is almost 95% complete after a little collition with a shrew bush early this year, "doh"

The rear drivers wheel took some impact hitting the curb!, enuf to bend the trailing arm and shear the balljoint off the track rod, these parts have been replaced but i can see the camber is about an inch out!,

witch is alot, wouldnt even think about driving it to the garage to get wheel alignment done as i would ruin my tyre.

what im asking is, what ajustment do i have?

is it only the angled of set washer?

cheers

i assume the hubs ok as the wheel runs true, and theres no sign of damage,

i have just jacked her up and taken the wheel off to have a fiddle,

now im just scratching my head:blink: because i have adjusted the main lower arm but still have a large amount of positive camber!

and no sign of subframe damage or any other damage in this area!?

proper stumped,

going to take it to local 4x4 wheel alinement place and get them to check it out :rolleyes:

really fustrating lol

thanks for your help

If it's sheared the ball joint it may well have bent the hub (upright). Even if it hasn't that sort of a blow to a casting / forging is enough to crack it I wouldn't want to knowingly drive it without fitting a new of good used upright. Toe and camber are interelated on the MKIV adjustment system. Change one and the other also changes a bit. The proper shop manual has the figures as to their inter relationship.