The mkiv Supra Owners Club

emanage blue , definative answers needed

dr_jekyll

ive scoured the net for hours now and i need a 100% certain answer a as im not geting any joy.

can the emange blue handlr 680cc injectors when the standard injector size is 330? it does have the aditional injector harness for injector controll . i really dont want to buy injectors i cant use... again so any help will be apriciated

It's been many years since I played with the EMB, but from what I recall it can do +/- 50% air flow adjustment, so it's not a simple case of comparing injector size. Maybe a simpler way of looking at it is to state what injectors do you have now and how much airflow adjustment have you added at the most extreme point.

One addition bit to consider is injector lag. This was the reason I had to bin the EMB as it couldn't adjust for non-stock lag times, which resulted in massive overfuel.

ive no idea how its adjusted at the moment ryan g does my mapping. the car had stock 330s and now has 550s but they were maxed at just under 500 hp so i was going to use a bigger pump with bigger injectors but now the emange is comeing into question.

It should go without saying to speak to Ryan about this first :) Can you pull the map from the EMB to post the A/R corrections?

What static fuel pressure is it running now? Raising that will give some room, but it depends on how much you need.

Edit - Also, have you swapped to coil on plug or still runny the dizzy?

I don't think you'll get a definitive answer until more information is known. On the TT's the EMB can run some 800cc injectors, but not all. There's other factors involved.

I'm sure Ryan can give better advice than almost anyone :)

The dizzy is a massive compromise in the setup and will be hugely limiting available power (It's the main reason I'm not going NA-T), however if your fueling is already maxed out that needs to be looked at first. If fuel pressures are already raised to 50psi+ static, pump is running cool and the A/R adjustment are maxed after that it'll need a more advanced ECU.

im still on the stock fpr , that will be getting changed im also swapping the walbro for a bosch 040. just wondering if the 550s will then be ok or will it have to be 650s . in that case i will run out of funds well before i can get uprated management