The mkiv Supra Owners Club

314 BHP & 355ftlb 1UZ Supra

JamieP

Me and Ryan have been mucking about with the cars today, when i first picked up the V8 we put it on the dyno and it made 265bhp, it had a very resrictive exhaust and a poor map.

With just a map tweek and exhaust change i have gained 50bhp & 55ftlb which im over the moon with considering its a NA, good old ebay exhaust:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I bet its fun to drive that.

It is a very fun car to drive mate, the throttle response is superb, I'm now very tempted to leave it as is and not bother with turbo charging it, Ive got one silly fast car, i dont need another and this is just a nice car to jump in and drive.

It is a very fun car to drive mate, the throttle response is superb, I'm now very tempted to leave it as is and not bother with turbo chearging it, Ive got one silly fast car, i dont need another and this is just a nice car to jump in and drive.

Best o' both worlds. I doubt you'll leave it though :D

Nice gain bud.

And good numbers for an N/A ? Would that give a Stock TT a run for its money then?

Would leave a stock TT I reckon. Would need to see the graph but the torque curve will most likely be far better.

It is a very fun car to drive mate, the throttle response is superb, I'm now very tempted to leave it as is and not bother with turbo charging it, Ive got one silly fast car, i dont need another and this is just a nice car to jump in and drive.

Easy answer supercharge it! throttle response will be as before but little more power and a good linear torque curve!

Jenvey ITB's :eyebrows:

Think that would be nice! Like you said, you have an insanely quick car anyway! I'd imagine this sounds lovely on WOT.

Would leave a stock TT I reckon. Would need to see the graph but the torque curve will most likely be far better.

Would love to see a comparison, the cars a bit lighter than a stock TT too.

I dont know you at all Jamie, ive only met you twice in passing at Reading jap meet, but from reading all the various threads of yours on here, i would say that i will eat my hat if this car stays as it is:d

I dont know you at all Jamie, ive only met you twice in passing at Reading jap meet, but from reading all the various threads of yours on here, i would say that i will eat my hat if this car stays as it is:d

I have my eye on another project if truth be told.