Some Questions For The NA Crew

ChrisR

Questions regarding normally aspirated Supra's -:

1. Do they have the same Auto box as a TT Supra

2. Do the Auto's have Cruise Control.

3. Do the Auto's have Traction Control.

4. How many Cat's.

5. Is ABS standard.

6. Do standard NA's have the same exhaust as a TT.

Finally what are my chances of finding a completely standard Red NA Auto Aero with low mileage say between 40 and 50,000 miles.

Cheers

Chris (Under contract to find the wife an NA Supra :( )

I don't think so. I would expect the ratios to be different at the very least. Functionality is identical though.

Optional.

No NAs do as far as I know.

4. How many Cat's.

Two.

5. Is ABS standard.

Optional.

No. I don't think so. It is certainly different to the UK TT. It will fit but the pipe diameters in the centre section are different. I believe that the back box is common throughout the range. You could probably get away with it. The downpipes will be different of course because of the lack of turbos.

Finally what are my chances of finding a completely standard Red NA Auto Aero with low mileage say between 40 and 50,000 miles.

No idea on this one. Maybe try to find someone who can import to order from Japan?

HTH

Nope

Mine doesnt but that doesnt mean they dont have the option

See answer 2

4. How many Cat's.

5. Is ABS standard.

See answer 2 but most don't

Nope its different from the cat back but you can fit TT exhausts they are just noisier and don't provide the same back pressure which so far hasn't been a problem with mine.

Between medium and hard. Mine is as above with 100k Km on it with improved interior and a replacement exhaust. If you are rock solid on the colour then your task becomes very very difficult.

Originally posted by ChrisR

Cheers Darren, that certainly clears up a few things. Im happy to go looking but just need those few pointers. I guess with all Supra's depending on optional extras you could get none, some or all.

Mostly none lol. I guess it depends on the year of car you can pick up and if searching this board how long that person has had it. Cars stay standard on here for only a short term.

Things to look for that are good mods

17" wheels

UK brakes

Decat

Aftermarket exhaust (if you like loud)

Leather interior

side skirts (oem ones look the most standard)

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Nope its different from the cat back but you can fit TT exhausts they are just noisier and don't provide the same back pressure which so far hasn't been a problem with mine.

Between medium and hard. Mine is as above with 100k Km on it with improved interior and a replacement exhaust. If you are rock solid on the colour then your task becomes very very difficult.

The reason i asked regarding the exhaust was if any NA i find happened to have an aftermarket exhaust i would wanted to take it of and as i still have my TT stock exhaust was hoping it was the same. At least then it fits and appears from your experience without any issues.

The car has to be stock for Marie's insurance, i guess an insurance assessor EDIT: wouldnt know the difference between a stock NA exhaust and a TT stock exhaust.

We have a couple to go and look at so we will have to see how good they are.

Cheers

Chris

The reason i asked regarding the exhaust was if any NA i find happened to have an aftermarket exhaust i would wanted to take it of and as i still have my TT stock exhaust was hoping it was the same. At least then it fits and appears from your experience without any issues.

The car has to be stock for Marie's insurance, i guess an insurance assessor would know the difference between a stock NA exhaust and a TT stock exhaust.

We have a couple to go and look at so we will have to see how good they are.

Cheers

Chris

Erm I seriously doubt if an insurance assesor would notice a stock TT from a stock NA exhaust. Christ they don't seem to be able to tell the difference between a hardtop and an NA lol. As far as the other bits I mentioned go you plead ignorance as the brakes are standard toyota brakes, and an interior doesnt affect the insurance at all.

Erm I seriously doubt if an insurance assesor would notice a stock TT from a stock NA exhaust. Christ they don't seem to be able to tell the difference between a hardtop and an NA lol. As far as the other bits I mentioned go you plead ignorance as the brakes are standard toyota brakes, and an interior doesnt affect the insurance at all.

Oops, yes i realised my mistake when i re-read it. I agree i doubt they would know.

Cheers mate.

All i ever hear is how bullet proof the Auto box is, so with the boxes being different between NA and TT are they equally bullet proof at stock levels.

This box is good for about 300-350 hp without needing an upgrade. After that it needs stuff done to it at which point you need to start looking at limited slip diffs anyway so a TT box and rearwards drivetrain is advisable a place to go above that power.

Any questions give me a pm or a bell on 07740 647136 as I actually have a red N/A auto aero with only very minor Mods ie exhaust, brakes, stock 17"s, retrim, and sideskirts I am in a good postion to give you a bit of advice if needed.

Thanks very much i appreciate that, i may have some questions for you on the weekend.

Erm, don'y uo mean hardtop and an aerotop Mr Brain?;)