The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 supra rhd manual supra 3ltre non turbo central locking but not opening

Guest kinkydeviltom

Guest kinkydeviltom

hi i have brought my first supra and absolutely love the car, my only prob is the central locking only locks, doesnt unlock, it is wired in with the clifford 600 and i have followed the wires from the clifford and swapped them around as i spoke with an engineer who said that it could be a relay in the alarm but even wen i swapped the wires with each other it still only locks, suggesting that it isnt the alarm, could anyone pass on any wisdom of things i could try plz, cheers Tom

Edited by kinkydeviltom (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
Guest kinkydeviltom

hi i noticed alot of people asking this question so i thought id post on how to fix this problem, its the clip inside your door that attached to your outer door handle, take apart your door and you will see the inside of your outside door handle, and attached to the lock will be a circle clip with 3 wires, i found easiest way was to take the whole handle off , once you have the handle off remove the clip and at one end will be a metal wire holding the top of the clip on, remove this to 1 side and take apart clip, you will see inside a load of crap covering the metal strips used for the central locking, give a good clean, put all back together, problem solved, im guessing this could happen in both doors but i only did the drivers door as it gets used the most, but if this doesnt fix the problem id do the same on the other door ,hope this helps