The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamesy's 2011 Billet 6765H Project...!!

Jamesy

Ok i've had loads of pm's asking whats happened/happening with the car ....

The engine managed to spin a bearing which was a bit traumatic to say the least. I will add at this point, just so people dont get scared into thinking 700hp+ on a stock block is going to blow - the engine builder has inspected the block and said its not due to absuse on the engine - so please dont let what happened to me put you off (no gaurantee's though ;))

So after this unexpected nightamre Lee @ SRD has again taken the car under his wing and the car is undergoing an engine re-build - Once its finished it will pretty much be a fully built engine, just without the uprated rods and pistons.

Got to say a massive thanx to Lee already for squeezing me into his very busy schedule :hi:

We had also planned to do a proper fuel system upgrade to the car so that is also happening while its at SRD.

With both the improvements above i'm hopeful Ryan will be able to safely map the car to 2bar of boost and have some real fun this summer!!

New fuel system will consist of:

* -6 or -8 lines

* Twin bosch 044's mounted inside the tank

* Injector clinic 2150cc high imp injectors

* Injector clinic fuel rail

* New filters

* Staged twin 044 set up

The built engine will now be made up of:

* ARP head studs

* ARP rod bolts

* ARP main bolts

* ACL rod bearings

* ACL main bearings

* ACL thrust washers

* New uprated rings

* Fully balanced and line honed

Its now got an SRD Stage 2 Race head consiting of

* Full refresh

* Re-cut valves

* Shimmed

* Skim

* Fully ported and polished

And while the Boostlogic gearbox is off we'll be fitting a new

PI 3200 high stall TC

Really looking forward to suprapod in a few weeks time :D

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to hear its getting sorted mate, lee is a top bloke.

the bottom end should be bullet proof after all that, why didnt you go for new pistons/rods? i thought you might have done while its in that state

Thanx Rob - yeah would have been ideal time for rods n pistons but not financially an option right now. Hoping all the uprated parts will be more than enough protection though :)

Thanks guys - yes its getting there now....

... the head has gone off to the engine builders this morning for a full refresh, valves and a skim so by the time its refitted the whole engine will be pretty much as new :)

Lee is also doing a staged set up for the twin 044's to help avoid any issues of overheating the fuel.

Can you explain what 'staged' means mate?

Lee or Jamie may explain this better but as far as i believe its so that one 044 is working up to a certain rev limit, and the other kicks in at higher rpm.

As the 044's are so big, to have both of them running at low rpm, like in traffic casuing massive amounts of heat that is not needed, or wanted.

I think Lee did the first staged set up on Jamie's car recently with very good results.

Lee or Jamie may explain this better but as far as i believe its so that one 044 is working up to a certain rev range, and the other kicks in at higher rpm.

As the 044's are so big, to have both of them running at low rpm, like in traffic casuing massive amounts of heat that otherwise is not needed, or wanted.

I think Lee did the first staged set up on Jamie's car recently with very good results.

Cool - cheers dude. It's always nice to have things broken down in threads like these :thumbs:

Had a right result tonight - went to SRD and the head has been finished - to a much higher standard than i first thought :D .......

Its now got an SRD Stage 2 Race head consiting of

* Full refresh

* Re-cut valves

* Shimmed

* Skim

* Fully ported and polished

The workmanship is stuning and im over the moon with it!!

00001.jpg

0011.jpg