The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray ideas...

drift_bear

Im going to give the car a full respray in a couple of months (money depending) so want some ideas from you lot. Im planning on buying the paint myself and then ask a sprayer to do it for me (how much litres will i need for a supra). Im planning on leaving the engine bay the way it is cause im hoping it will suit it.

First thought was just to give it a blow over in gunmetal again but im really liking the idea of midnight purple now cause its rare as and looks stunning

Really want something diferent, stands out an suits the supra body without being over the top.

Toyota colours

6N0 - Gunmetal

??? - Emmerald green

Nissan colours

LP2 - Midnight Purple

A17 - Le Mans Sunset

Mazda colours

40E - Aquatic Blue Mica

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Always loved the Jade Green color:

White is also a favorite color... But as marcAB10, I would keep it gunmetal...

As for the color codes, maybe these are the right ones:

Super White II (040), Silver Metallic (199), Dark Brown Gray Mica Metallic (1A1), Quick Silver Metallic Graphite (1B9), Black (202), Super Red IV (3L2), Super Bright Yellow (576), Grayish Green Mica Metallic (6N0), Dark Green Mica Metallic (6P3), Deep Teal Metallic (752), Blue Mica Metallic (8L5)

Edited by EMPEROR (see edit history)

keep it gunmetal dude !!!!!!!!!!

Does it really need painting or does the paint just need a proper detail/restoration. if it defo needs painting remember you get what you pay for in terms of resprays. Plus check the painters previous work. Loads of cowboys on the go nowadays who are happy to offer cheap jobs ut they also use that as an excuse to perform a half arsed job.

also on the paint buying thing. Just let the body shop source and supply the paint. That way they'll get the paint they prefer to use (they may already have a mixing scheme in house) . There won't me any issues in the event that the paint run's out mid job and you need to source more. and they'll probably manage to get the paint cheaper than you would.

I can list loads of beautiful colours but at the end of the day do what your first thoughts tell you, i like the purple idea and i can help out with some colour codes of gorgeous purples.... already done the research as i nearly went purple on my supra.

Really dont like green on cars