The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will an S2000 engine work in a Supra?

natony

Please go easy on me.

i really want to get back in a supra but i can't afford a turbo and it will be my daily drive and i do quite a few miles a week so i need something economical, which a supra isn't

ive had to give up on a kit car ive been building and as a result im left with an engine and gearbox

would it be wrong to put a f20c S2000 engine in a supra

Edited by Gaz6002 (see edit history)

Supra non turbo 220 horsepower and 169 lb·ft (229 N·m) of torque

S2000 247 horsepower and 161 lb·ft (218 N·m) of torque

so not that different really

Torque curve is what's important, not the peak values only :) Have a look at the s2000 engines torque curve, it's massively lacking in low end power so would have serious issues at low/mid rpm's trying to drag a supra around

Torque curve is what's important, not the peak values only :) Have a look at the s2000 engines torque curve, it's massively lacking in low end power so would have serious issues at low/mid rpm's trying to drag a supra around

even when the two cars weight the same ? 1270kg

You'd be better off selling the S2000 engine & Gearbox & putting that towards an LPG conversion on a NA Supra.

For what you have described, this will be the most sensible route.

I love Supra's but if I was doing a lot of miles daily, I wouldn't be doing in my Supra.

You'd be better off selling the S2000 engine & Gearbox & putting that towards an LPG conversion on a NA Supra.

For what you have described, this will be the most sensible route.

I love Supra's but if I was doing a lot of miles daily, I wouldn't be doing in my Supra.

hmm yeah good point