The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra on top gear. maybe should be ish probably off topic

The Raven

Someone on the kent car club had top gear contact them as she is selling an older vette she says they filmed a section on buying older fun cars for less than newer slower less fun ones.

Now this has to be our best shout to get a supra on the show im asking her if there was one there

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

I've always wandered why the supra didn't get a mention since it's review.

Clarkson has always viewed the Supra as a 2nd Division footballer's car - I think he was referring to the Mk3 some years ago now.

As for the Mk4, his summing up of it's occasional negative image would probably be spot on - although he probably wouldn't deny it's quite a quick old hector.

There's certainly been a similar thread (if not more) on this in the last couple of years...lurking somewhere in the vaults.

There's certainly been a similar thread (if not more) on this in the last couple of years...lurking somewhere in the vaults.

I searched for it this morning but couldn't find it. I do remember it though. Basically, the chances of Clarkson giving a fair review are slim. He might like it, he might not: it'll probably depend on, I dunno, the brand of tyres that happen to be fitted to the one they get in the studio, or the colour of the paint. Anything that holds the audience in the palm of his hand.

Top Gear isn't Autocar magazine: it's Nuts with a few less boobs and a few more vehicles (not all of them cars).

It might be fun to see one on Top Gear (not counting Tiff Needell circa 1993), but if it ever happens you'd best have a thick skin regarding people criticising supras. It could get slated!

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

Stevie...http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?185230-Supras-on-topgear!!&highlight=clarkson

And you killed the thread :p

I would like to see a fair review of it with the car being compared to newer, more expensive cars. I doubt that'd happen though..