The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Absolutely Gutted

Kirk

As some of you know yesterday my car came off the road violently leaving me and my passenger at the time stuck down the side of an enbankment on the side of the A581 heading towards southport. Now the road was pretty dry with some small greasy patches so i was being careful as i know how tricky the rear ends can get in situations like that. We had just overtook a slow moving car infront and was slowing for the corner as there was 3 cars ahead, turned the car into the corner and the back end stepped out instantly. By the time id caught the slide it was to late we were just along for the ride as the front wheels had dug into the grass and swung us through 180 degrees sending us ploughing through the hedges backwards down the side :(

Now i know there's likely to be some critism and questions like were you speeding showing off etc and quite frankly the answer is no. Yes i maybe young and yes i may of had emma with me but i dont take risks to try and look good. I can openly admit if it was my fault this happened but i did nothing out of the ordinary, it just happened and proof of how these cars deserve respect regardless of your driving background.

On the plus side we both walked away from the car fine although quite daunting to see how far we had slid and how close we were to hitting something more solid. I have been quite hard on myself to be honest but when you have someone in the car that you care alot for its quite a load on your head especially knowing what could of happened.

Couldnt of happened at a worse time six weeks before the pod. Gutted :(

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support guys. Its gonna be tough to get sorted in 6 week being out of work but ill do what i can.

On a side note id like to thank few people on here for going out of there way to help us out and get home

Lynz, Mrs H, Havard, Neil-NA and ajlitler.

Top people thank you guys so much :thumbs:

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

Sorry to hear about it.

Do you have an idea of the cause of accident at this point?

Plain bad luck and the greasy patches on the road i guess.

Ive been down that road hundreds of times and whilst it is proun to spillages from the local farmers ive never had a problem before. Like i say i wasnt hoofing it at all it just stepped and that was that.

Feel for you mate. Had EXACTLY the same thing happen in my old TVR. To this day I couldn't tell you why it happened. Been around that corner 100's of times etc etc....

Don'tbe too hard on yourself. These things happen.

It will be fixed.

Its doable for sure, mostly cosmetic. It still started up ok but i have no idea if theres drive untill i find a way to get it back home.

Bad luck, hope you get it sorted even if you mis suprapod.

Is it still on the road side? If so id get it moved asap before idiots start to smash it up and nick bits off it.

Drag it out of the ditch with a 4x4 if needed at least then your'll be able to get it on a trailer.

So sorry you must be absolutely gutted :( :cry:

Probably of zero consolation to you at the moment but walking away unscathed after experiencing just how easily and quickly you can go from being in control to being a passenger can be a valuable learning experience.

I rolled my first car 4 times (completely my fault) and my mate and I walked away with just bruises, looking back I'm glad it happened as it made me a much better safer driver.