The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aftermarket front bumper fitting...?

Lurch

Hello, I'm looking to update the look of my supra...

Clickable link^

I was first thinking repair splitter and spray that, bumper and bonnet black. Now I have been thinking about a Do luck front bumper, but my question is... How do you fit it? I'm guessing there isn't any bolts holes or anything? Can someone explain what there like? So that I know whether I can do it myself or not.

How much would a garage charge to fit it? Would they JUST fit it, without spraying it?

EDIT: The eyebrows have long gone before anyone slates them!

a new set of facelift headlights will update the front end imo, get a uk front plate to tidy things up. I'd ditch the lip instead of repairing and buy a nice new front lip, rmm with the wings trimmed or similar. Painting the bonnet is also something i'd do (maybe leaving the 'slats' carbon).

a new set of facelift headlights will update the front end imo, get a uk front plate to tidy things up. I'd ditch the lip instead of repairing and buy a nice new front lip, rmm with the wings trimmed or similar. Painting the bonnet is also something i'd do (maybe leaving the 'slats' carbon).

I'm refurbing a set of j-specs at the moment and going to make the rings chrome and black inside. Yea I agree with the rmm, just searched for it and found jevansio's car with that splitter and it looks very nice. It's quite likely I may go with that, but I'd still like to know about fitting the do luck incase I change my mind or for future reference?

its normally 2 bolts in each wing and the bolts along the top at the front. you can get to them easiest by either removing the headlights and/or inner arch liners. as already said, you'd be extremely lucky to have one fit first time without any messing about with it so if you're set on doing it yourself you should buy a good replica or one from someone else thats already been fitted before to save time and trouble

its normally 2 bolts in each wing and the bolts along the top at the front. you can get to them easiest by either removing the headlights and/or inner arch liners. as already said, you'd be extremely lucky to have one fit first time without any messing about with it so if you're set on doing it yourself you should buy a good replica or one from someone else thats already been fitted before to save time and trouble

+1 cant argue with that mate.

ah, I see. I know it probably seemed like a daft question, but the only experiance I've had with aftermarket bumpers is when I was 17 and bought a fibreglass front bumper for my mk3 fiesta 1.1 and litterally, it was just a bare shell and had no bolt holes or anything for fitment, so I didnt have a clue where to start. In the end I cut the sides off the original bumper and put the aftermarket bumper around it the middle part and filled it with expanding foam. lol. The fit was perfect after that!

Anyway, thanks alot for your help guys, at least I have a small idea of what's involved now. Thinking about the rmm lip without ears for now and later on in life if I decide to, try a do luck front bumper?