The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any tried these?

Si_s Supe

Which exhaust??  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which exhaust??

Looks the same as the one i put on my V8 supra, great buy this was.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180659954264&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That does look exactly the same but much cheaper! Is the quality actually any good? Was going to get a Nur Spec but this seems quite good value if it's not as poo as I'd expect for that price!?

Anyone got any sound test figures for one of these on a double decatted TT??

Its good quality especially for the low price. The 10-15bhp is a little ambitious I think. I definately noticed a difference when I went 2.5" 2nd decat. Pops and rumbles nicely and revs a lot cleaner to the redline.

I fitted a Blitz Nur spec RX to mine but didn't like it. It looked great but hung lower and was too quiet.

Jamie, did yours actually have Motoria on the tail pipe?? The exhausts in the 2 links look the same, but the one in my link has Motoria written on the tailpipe and is £328 +£20 postage, whereas the exhaust in your link is £179.99 with free shipping! Why such a price difference?

I'm all up for cheap, but do have to ask myself if that's just TOO cheap or if the one in my link is just horribly overpriced!?

I will have to check when the car is back from the bodyshop, id have money on it being the same exhaust though.

apparently one is T304 grade SS while the other is 316....plus the finish is different too.

The finish is the same, the one i have is fully polished also, they just use rubbish pics in the advert, im not going to try and sell it any further, im happy with it but make your own choice dude.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Cool. Thanks for all the help. Really nice to be part of a helpful forum. Been on several others in past cars and they can be the most unhelpful an unfriendly places going!!

BTW...added a poll to this thread as I have money for a system but can't make my mind up so other people's opinions are appreciated. If you vote 'other', please comment on what other you're referring to.

I've got one on mine, its been on for over 4years with no issues, its a motoria one, when i bought mine it was branded as a 'trd replica', paid about £240 for mine, all the ones pictured look like the same exhaust to me.

Its a good quality exhaust, full stainless, far better than the expensive named one i had before hand.

Had a look at the exhaust db register and the Motoria is louder than the Nur Spec!! That's quite a big factor for me as when I 1st started looking into zausts, I was worried that a Nur Spec would be too loud!!

Budget wise, I've not really got one, BUT the cheaper the better!! I've got £750 spare and the less I spend on an exhaust, the more I have for something else!! Perhaps a filter!? Looked at getting the Whifbitz exhaust and filter package for £570 but I'd need to confirm that price because if you buy the pipe and filter separately from his site it works out around £540 so there must be a typo somewhere!

Its good quality especially for the low price. The 10-15bhp is a little ambitious I think. I definately noticed a difference when I went 2.5" 2nd decat. Pops and rumbles nicely and revs a lot cleaner to the redline.

I fitted a Blitz Nur spec RX to mine but didn't like it. It looked great but hung lower and was too quiet.

The RX is supposed to be quiet? It is the R that is the louder version. I had the R on mine and thought it was great.