The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T conversion advice

Guest marlowssupra

Guest marlowssupra

hi i was thinking about putting a turbo in my aero . just not sure what one and where to get it from and how much ?????? what esle would i have to do to the car ????? i am not made of money so cant go hks :( all help you be good many thanks

Guest marlowssupra

auto is fine £2500 sound ok to me have to do some saving but i know how much to aim for thanks for that . do you know what bhp that would be ? would i have to do any more mods to the car ???

£2.5k isn't enough to do the conversion unless you are doing the work yourself and using cheap and nasty componets or buying 2nd hand.

There are absolutely tons of threads covering this already, have a search and you'll find all your answers

£2.5k isn't enough to do the conversion unless you are doing the work yourself and using cheap and nasty componets or buying 2nd hand.

There are absolutely tons of threads covering this already, have a search and you'll find all your answers

keron does them for that (TT engine ect)

I reckon I could single one for that or less:rolleyes: In fact if I can find a cheap man NA I may do just that, project 11 secs for under 2.5K;)

I reckon I could single one for that or less:rolleyes: In fact if I can find a cheap man NA I may do just that, project 11 secs for under 2.5K;)

You might be able to and even muppets like me could do it using cheap and nasty kit like XS power, but those projects rarely end well. TT conversion gives more power, a better base and more cost effective long term.

You might be able to and even muppets like me could do it using cheap and nasty kit like XS power, but those projects rarely end well. TT conversion gives more power, a better base and more cost effective long term.

No it won't be a XS power kit:eyebrows: Looks like I may have to just make a dudenstein monster to prove a point, after all everyone told me I was mad when i said I would make your silver car run 10's and win something at TOTB;)

Guest marlowssupra

so tt would be best way ??? thanks for all the help so far . love my aero just needs power :( and dont know where to start

No it won't be a XS power kit:eyebrows: Looks like I may have to just make a dudenstein monster to prove a point, after all everyone told me I was mad when i said I would make your silver car run 10's and win something at TOTB;)

With your resources I don't think it would be difficult Dude.

Not so easy when you are an owner who is looking to have this work done.

Case and point is the valve stem seals. You reckon 1k is cheap for the labour required in that job. If that's the case then what would the labour be to supply and fit what you have in mind. I would guess that part of your build would be checking the condition of the engine which I was told would be about 1k.

If you think you can supply and fit reliable N/A-T, drive in drive out conversions, for 2.5k then I reckon you may well be onto something.

Some may disagree, but being in the same situation as you, I've been thinking of conversion ideas for over a year now! Rather than go into great deal, here's a quick summary:

NA-T gives about 350-500bhp, will cost between £4 and 10k done properly. Issues are that the NA diff and box are weak, the 5spd is perhaps the best starting option, but there is a risk of them blowing. Also NA's don;t always come with an LSD diff or ABS, which you really should have on a 400bhp road car.

NA-TT (aka TT installation) is about £3k installed. It'll give 350-430bhp with "BPU" modifications which can be done at the same time as installation. The same issues with the boxes can appear as above, but if you are starting with an auto TT auto boxes are available for next to nothing. 5spd again will be near limits, but seem to last okay with the TT engine

The real benefit of the TT installation is that if you later want to go for "big" power it's a FAR better base - the sky's limit (as long as your budget is!)