The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tyres! need a help choosing

welshbuddy

hey guys well i been searching for some new tyres for a while and now, well there pretty low! Took it in to my local garage For a look at before the MOT. (luckily i always test it 1month in advance), And he said i need some new ones for the MOT, so they must be bad :(.

Also i need.

4x brake pads

2xbrake hoses

anyone got a clue how much that should set me back?

ok Main reason for this thread is TYRES :). Dont want budgets, (because there kack, and i cant go top of range too ££££)

Been looking round and iv'e come to abit of decision for these

My rear tyres are 265/35/Z18. i was thinking the Falken ZE912

http://www.tyreandgo.co.uk/tyreview.asp?width=265&profile=35&size=18&speed=

Price= 128.73 each.

My front tyres are 235/40/z18, i was thinking the falken ZE912's again?

http://www.tyreandgo.co.uk/tyreview.asp?width=235&profile=40&size=18&speed=

price=102.00 each

so for 4 tyres it would cost me £460.00

So, i need some advice or some links for some tyres, preferably all off 1 website :). As in Need of these for MOT, so need sharpish :p

cheers,daz

As said falken 452's are a pretty good tyre, think someone mentioned that they were actually made by Dunlop. Best place I found for these is Blackcircles

Another option, if money is tight and you just need to get through the MOT, get some decent part worns from Ebay

Brake lines, I'd probably just go for Goodridge braided lines - also available from traders on Ebay

Brake pads....take your pick! Despite the extra cost, I've never really noticed much difference in feel or stopping distance on any of the different make of pad I've used.... but thats just me, and I DO have shagged out old J-specs

452s are budget as far as performance goes but they ARE performance. Very good tyres for what they cost IMO and probably the best option given your budget.

I'm running a set of 4 now. I can push them past their limits in my BPU but I think they would hold an N/A very competently, even when pushing it.

I would definetly NOT recommend Avon ZZ3's. I used them on my BPU TT and single, they were not very good either in cold/wet weather or extremely hard dry weather driving. The Good Year F1's were far superior in every area.

The Toyo TR-1's I have now are pretty good, similar to the Good years for dry weather driving, but not quite as much grip in the cold. However, only being on an NA they haven't been pushed too hard.

I would definetly NOT recommend Avon ZZ3's. I used them on my BPU TT and single, they were not very good either in cold/wet weather or extremely hard dry weather driving. The Good Year F1's were far superior in every area.

The Toyo TR-1's I have now are pretty good, similar to the Good years for dry weather driving, but not quite as much grip in the cold. However, only being on an NA they haven't been pushed too hard.

hum? i did cadwell in the pouring rain and they were fab! each to there own i suppose

452s are budget as far as performance goes but they ARE performance.

Good shout, I've had two sets of these now. Always thought of them as a "budget-ish" tyre, but they always perform well and if not hammered, seem to last a decent amount of time