The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How can I make my bumper look a bit more modern?

Stewart10

Here's my bumper as it is today, to me it looks a bit plain but I don't want to get a new one as at present I can get over speed bumps ok and I want it to stay that way.

To my knowledge it's the original bumper, there was another stupidly low one on that I took off. is it possible to get some mesh or something that will modernise it a bit? Or has anyone fitted the bumper horizontal bar to their car before?

IMG_0398.jpg

Why not just get a different lip for it. Think theres possibly a group buy at the minute on one. Getting some mesh should be fairly easy, then just whip the bumper off and use a bit of fibreglass to stick the mesh in place. Personally i'd change the lip for something a bit more modern looking though.

Go to 'Advanced Search', select 'Search Titles Only' and do a search for 'Mesh' and 'Grill', there are a lot of threads with pics and links on the subject.

Another option would be to fit the grill (crossbar) that was standard on the facelift Supra, these are quite reasonable and can be bought from Toyota already colour coded. The facelift grill will fit a pre-facelift bumper, just need to drill a couple of holes. You can see an example of the grill on Pete's car HERE

Also see THIS THREAD for pics of front lips.

Go to Mr T and get the "horizontal bar". It't only like 30£ and you get it painted in your car colour. I think it makes quite a difference and you stay with the OEM look, which we all know is the best ;)

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/Public/k_lder2.jpg

k_lder2.jpg