The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fly in my headlight

Suprab1

Ha ha, that's funny! :D

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but I couldn't help myself. Sound to me you have the best idea using the hoover. If that fails then a rod or something with loads of tape wrapped around it with the sticky side exposed ( i used this method to remove a stray bulb from my indicator)

A living one? Turn the headlights on and cook it! :D

Na he's on his back lol.

attach a smaller flexible pipe to the end of the vacuum so you can feed into the bulb hole :D

I was thinking this, if i could even suck him onto a pipe just to pull him out.

The thin is the car has been sitting for a few weeks now so what was he doing in my light & how did he even get in. What a little nuisance they are.

Ha ha, that's funny! :D

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but I couldn't help myself. Sound to me you have the best idea using the hoover. If that fails then a rod or something with loads of tape wrapped around it with the sticky side exposed ( i used this method to remove a stray bulb from my indicator)

I did laugh myself when i seen it. What a little tube going in my light, i tell you he's lucky he's dead because i would have to inflict pain on him on him for the annoyance he has caused lol.

I like your idea though & will give it a bash, thanks.

:)

And if Said bird were to get stuck....a cat maybe :D

I think the cat would be the final installation, as it would stick its paw in to catch the bird then run off (after chasing it around the engine bay for half an hour and not killing the damn thing).

Get a metal coat hanger / peice of thick wire, wrap the end in tape so you have a "teardrop type shape, then double the tape round on itself so the end is sticky (take a bit of the "tack" off of it by touching it a few times - this wa it wont properly attach itself to the inside of the lens if it touches) then carefully navigate the wire (via the main bulb hole) to where the fly is, stick it and slowly manouver out.

Job done : )

b;3149524']Get a metal coat hanger / peice of thick wire, wrap the end in tape so you have a "teardrop type shape, then double the tape round on itself so the end is sticky (take a bit of the "tack" off of it by touching it a few times - this wa it wont properly attach itself to the inside of the lens if it touches) then carefully navigate the wire (via the main bulb hole) to where the fly is, stick it and slowly manouver out.

Job done : )

Hey! that was my idea! :duel:

:p