The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guest riskycrispy

Guest riskycrispy

Hi Everyone I have just joined on this site after a recommendation from a friend. Nine years ago I thought that I would supplement my company car with something for the weekends, I did a lot of research and came up with the perfect car a TT Toyota Supra. I found a perfect example a silver dream machine TT with an auto box and remote start in the classifieds . I drew out the money and with great excitement went to pick it up. Unfortunately the guy who was selling it had changed his mind and said that he could not part with it. As you can imagine I was very disappointed. Now the years have passed and I am approaching retirement and my thoughts are again returning to the idea of some retirement fun with a TT Supra. I live down in sunny Dorset and fancy the idea of an airotop. Somebody said that they tend to shake a bit and don't handle as well as the hard tops. so any advice from the supra community would be greatly appreciated. It would be used purely as a road car and not used for track days. I will not be buying until the end of the year so I have plenty of time for research.

Cheers

Riskycrispy

Unless you drive dangerously I can't see the aerotop being a problem, its not as stiff as a hard top but it is still a good chassis. Its only a bit wobbly when the roofs out anyway when in place its the same as a hard top. A nice bpu auto would be a lovely cruiser with enough power on tap to embarrass most cars on the road.

Guest Importcars.at

Hi @ all!

My name is Roman from Importcars.at in Austria!

I bought for about 3 weeks a supra in the camelion paint colour from Ireland!

It was the badest car i ever seen!

The guy who sell the car was called chris carpenter!

Does someone know about the guy.

He dont answer my calls aso... no reaction

Hope someone can help me!

thanks

Roman

Hi Riskycrispy, welcome. You will find that the aero is somewhat flexi with the roof out but when in it is as a hard top. I don't know if a front strut brace would improve the situation but I am thinking of trying it (I have an aero) as I do find the flex to much on poor roads which we have lots of here :rolleyes: You will love the roof off though. A TT aero is not a common car to find but they are out there. Oh and the auto is a lovely box. Good luck with the search.

Hi @ all!

My name is Roman from Importcars.at in Austria!

I bought for about 3 weeks a supra in the camelion paint colour from Ireland!

It was the badest car i ever seen!

The guy who sell the car was called chris carpenter!

Does someone know about the guy.

He dont answer my calls aso... no reaction

Hope someone can help me!

thanks

Roman

how am I not suprised :) - I wouldnt buy a wheel nut off the guy let alone a car

Guest Importcars.at
how am I not suprised :) - I wouldnt buy a wheel nut off the guy let alone a car

Yes the guy is a .........!

But i will be in Ireland in some weeks again and then i visit him at home!

Hope for him he is not there!

The car is totaly shit the electric is total how to say SSHHHIIITTTTT

Normaly i should be after 24 hours at home!

It takes nearly 4 days for me!

His father brought me the car to dublin where my plane arrived.

After i alrady bought the ferry tickets in advanced i was very thight on shedule.

The car was not as suscribed but i have to hurry up.

500 Euro less and i took it.

But already after i drove from the ferry i see that i wouldnt should buy the car.

The stork was broken,... the electric was bad,... bodywork and interior was bad,..... aso....

So many think i couldnt list.

But i was so happy that paulbrowncars could help me near london, otherwise it was not able to drive home.

It was good too because i see a other facelift 6-speed in red by paulbrowncars which i bought 2 weeks later.

But i will write a whole story about it so that all know about the bad guy from Ireland!

Greetings from Austria

Guest Importcars.at

Yes i have planed about one hour to look at the car but he came one hour late!

I think he know why because he also know that i need to get the ferry!

So it was less then 10 minutes to make the sales contract aso......

But ok he well see what he have from this!

I already wrote to him and he have 3 days to find a solution!

Otherwise..........

thats not good , but should have gave your self more time to look at the car, before parting with the cash .