The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greetings from Cornwall

Guest mutznutz

Guest mutznutz

Morning all from surprisingly sunny Cornwall

Looking at getting my hands on a supra, currently have a gen 6 celica ss-ii 2 ltr so it was a natural progression I thought

My main concern is child seats, I've seen that some do fit in the back I would just need confirmation

Also with buying the celica I've learnt to ask first about possible pitfalls in supra ownership. Like do I avoid a certain year/engine combination etc so I'll be annoying you with those questions too

Not too worried about engine spec N/a or turbo etc, any upgrade on mine is fine and I do like the aerotops, but it's more about the sexy body

Looking forward to chatting with you

Andrew

Welcome.

If you don't care between NA and TT then just save yourself some money and get an NA.

I know some baby seats fit and there have been a few threads about them. Do a search for "child seat" or "baby seat" and all will be revealed!

Guest mutznutz

Fair enough thanks for the reply.

I'm hoping there's a chance of an N/A Uk supra I can get hold of but not sure if they are like hens teeth or if they even exist

It would appear as though the baby carriers seem to go in ok and there is an option for forward facing ones so therefore the supra idea is a goer. Just need to convince the wife that purchasing new car seats in addition to a new car is ok :)

Fair enough thanks for the reply.

I'm hoping there's a chance of an N/A Uk supra I can get hold of but not sure if they are like hens teeth or if they even exist

It would appear as though the baby carriers seem to go in ok and there is an option for forward facing ones so therefore the supra idea is a goer. Just need to convince the wife that purchasing new car seats in addition to a new car is ok :)

The UK Spec Supras only came in TT auto and manual. All N/As are Imports.

Have a look at the Supra buyers guide and the model guide; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?60-Basic-Supra-Guides

Guest mutznutz

I'll have a look at that link now thanks for that

St Austell at the moment unfortunately, commuting to Truro on the train so can afford to have an occasional car rather then commuting one :)

I was preceding the UK route for a supra to make it easier on the insurance etc, had troubles with my celica being an import etc so was seeing if I could avoid those issues