The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Run Today. Not A Bad Result

a98pmalcolm

Hay all.

My supra is running BPU with a few extras.

I got 406.2 BHP on BP ultimate 97 fuel with the room temp at 23.5 degrees. So with colder conditions and 99 fuel it should a wee bit better ;)

I was hoping around 410 BHP so im happy with the result especialy with the Hot conditions.

Here is the print out:

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4331/printout.jpg

And small vid i made:

LgZb4rNphC4

Hope you like the results :)

Paul

I've always wondered, if you map a car to BPU (with a standalone ECU) with high octane in the tank, does the car still run fine on normal unleaded? Reason i ask is i'm going to have mine remapped to 1.2bar then dyno'd on the same day and will have high octane in the car.

406bhp is a nice result fella, have you noticed the difference with the Cams? I'd always thought of aftermarket Cam's on BPU as overkill and not "bang for buck".

Thanks all :).. I know great results with that hot temprature! I upset the guy that owns the dyno as he as a BPU supra and he is running 385 lol

Oh yer cams are so worth it, Paul does them at a great price fitted. I said to the guys at the dyno i will come back when its snowing and i'll put a load of snow on the front bumper lol.

I love his reason that i should use Shell 99 fuel. "mate you have to run shell 99 fuel in this supra coz its a Fuc!ing awsome car" lol

He had the results of his Type R on the wall and its a 12bhp increase over 95 fuel and 3 BHP increase over 97... Shocking really.

Im at 1.2 bar. Which is what its always running (when i floor it obviuosly ;)) It can peak a little over at times but it adjusts its self when it reaslises.

Im going Syvecs ECU next month as im going BIG Single turbo.. I have the stage 4 6 pad Clutch already. So i predict what you said Nic at 430ish.

But with BPU i also highly recomend a lightend flywheel. Ok its a litttle rattley at times but i noticed the turbo spool increase with it.

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Their dyno is still in ps so bhp is 400 or 299 kw, sorry, i thought richards supra was 401?

Yep I think you are right

As a rule of thumb, you can knock off one PS for every 100PS to reach a rough bhp figure. If you want to be completely accurate, multiply the PS figure by 0.9864 to reach the bhp total, or bhp by 1.0139 to get back to PS.